Brett is named after my older brother who passed away shortly after he was born. The name means a lot to my family and fits our little Brett perfectly. I decided that I want to do something to celebrate Uncle Brett every year so that Mr. Brett can know what an amazing man he was named after. The most obvious celebratory act would be to visit Uncle Brett’s grave, but since it would take a 10 hour drive to get there we needed something different. We decided to dedicate our family home evening to him tonight. We finger-painted birthday cards for him and had a wonderful lesson on the Plan of Salvation. My mom always felt like Uncle Brett was called to serve a mission to help teach the gospel to our ancestors in heaven, I believe that is true! So Happy Birthday Uncle Brett!!
No comments:
Post a Comment