Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Love Notes

Today while I was changing the sheets on my bed I saw a little love note that had slipped in between the bed and nightstand. It was a note from a long time ago but it made me remember that one of the ways I fell in love with Sean was through love notes. We met in a movie group in our ward (church group) and every Sunday night we would have a group prayer and then meet at someones apartment for what we called “Mix and Mingle” or “Feed and Flirt” by some of the more sarcastic members=) There were usually good treats and tons of little pieces of paper and pens to write notes to anyone in the ward you wanted to. You could write a note to a roommate or a friend or anyone. You just had to put their name and apartment number on it. Right after our first date Sean started sending me a note each week. They were so sweet and meant so much to me. The one that stuck in my mind the most was the Sunday after I had met his mom. I wanted to impress her so much! He wrote “My mom thinks you’re amazing, and I agree.” The notes were always simple and sweet and they let me know that he cared about me. DSC03231-2013-01-9-16-42.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment