Thursday, February 14, 2013

A trip to Utah=)

Mr. Brett and I took a trip up to Utah last week to visit some family and friends. Sean is studying for the Step 1 Boards so we left him to his books and got out of his hair. We have so many friends in Utah, its always hard for me to figure out who to see! If we didn’t get to see you on this trip, hopefully we’ll see you next time=)
We flew in on Tuesday and the plane wasn’t full so Brett got his own seat. He looked so stinkin’ cute sitting there holding my phone. He did a great job on the flight. IMG_0149-2013-02-14-12-34.jpg
On Wednesday we got to see Mikey and Mia! What a joy they are.
IMG_4573-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
Momma-jo went to the doctor on Wednesday too and got diagnosed with the flu and a secondary sinus infection! The upside to this was that I got to see her more since she was home sick, but poor lady was sick! She did start feeling better by the weekend and I don’t think Brett or I caught anything.
We also got to play in the giant snow piles on Wednesday afternoon. It made me wish I had invested in some better snow gear for Brett, but since we’ve had NO snow pile up on the ground at our house it would have been a waste of money.
IMG_4583-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
On Thursday we made a trek down to Springville to see my dear friend Whitney, her daughter Kirsten and her new baby girl Reagan. Brett loved all the toys and it was great to catch up.
IMG_4602-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
On Friday we drove up to Centerville to see Megan and her little sweetie CB (her internet name). It was the first time I got to meet CB and it was a joy. She is so fun and Mr. Brett was again thrilled to be in the presence of a baby girl.
IMG_4620-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
On Saturday, Mom, Dad, Brett and I went to the aquarium with Grandma and Aunt Lucille. What a fun a aquarium Salt Lake has! My favorite part was the penguins=) We met Steve and Linda for lunch and the Brick Oven where they had no coffee for Aunt Lucille! I normally like Brick Oven but this visit was not one of their shining moments. The food was still pretty good though and the company even better!
IMG_4624-2013-02-14-12-34.JPGIMG_4630-2013-02-14-12-34.JPGIMG_4633-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
Mom and Dad took the day off on Monday so we went shopping! They bought me some much needed new shoes and we played at the mall.
Here is my old shoe next to my new one:
IMG_0169-2013-02-14-12-34.jpg
All the Ikea stuff I bought for $34!
IMG_0170-2013-02-14-12-34.jpg
Playing at the mall:
IMG_0166-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
We tried to Skype or FaceTime with Daddy everyday. Brett thought peek-a-boo was hilarious through the phone! Also notice how HGTV is on in the background! I love this network and got a good fill of Property Brothers and House Hunters with my parents cable and teevo (is that how you spell it?)
IMG_4610-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
We made a Mr. Potato head that looks like Grandpa!
IMG_4640-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
IMG_4642-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
Grandma and Grandpa just got a new fish tank which was AWESOME!
IMG_4615-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
Grandpa is having a birthday next week so we made a cake!
IMG_4643-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
Brett helped Grandpa eat his slice
IMG_4650-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
On Tuesday, it was time to come home. I spent the morning with my Grandma. She is so wonderful and we had a great chat. Everything I learn about her makes me love and respect her more. Shock of all shockers to me: Mr. Brett took a nap on the floor. He crawled right up on the blankets and went right to sleep. It was amazing! I was so grateful since I didn’t think he would get a nap at all that day.IMG_4651-2013-02-14-12-34.JPG
Grandma took us to the airport and Mr. Brett got his own seat again! Tuesdays are apparently a good day to fly. It was a great trip, but it is so nice to be home with Sean again!
And here are 2 pictures of Brett sleeping in the car as I taxied him all over the city. I can never get enough picture of this kid sleeping!
IMG_0163-2013-02-14-12-34.jpg
IMG_0164-2013-02-14-12-34.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment