Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines Day

We had a lovely celebration of love here this year! My mom always made Valentines Day a family holiday so Sean and I wanted to do this too. She would always make a nice dinner that we would eat as a family instead of her and dad just going out on their own, I really liked it a lot! This year Sean announced several weeks ago that he was making dinner. We went to Olive Garden several months ago and I got this peach chicken dish that was one of the most wonderful things I have ever tasted in my entire life! He remembered that and he recreated the dish using a copycat recipe. He made chicken with apricot glaze, asparagus with a tomato basil sauce and put it over yummy noodles. It was even better than the Olive Garden version! Since Sean did dinner I had to do something for breakfast so I bought a roll of Pillsbury crescent rolls, cut them into hearts, filled them with eggs and cheese, and baked them up. We also had strawberry smoothies and paper hearts all over the apartment. I got Sean a new (used) iPod shuffle and he got me some new necklace chains since some of mine are too long. We got Brett a new puzzle.

Here is our yummy breakfast:

IMG_4653-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

Brett noticing the hearts all over the floor:

IMG_4658-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

Delicious dinner!

IMG_4660-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

IMG_4659-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

These are my favorite boys in the whole world and sometimes this momma gets a little carried away with the kisses!

IMG_4663-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

IMG_4667-2013-02-17-20-00.jpg

Look at grown up Mr. Brett sitting in a big boy chair:

IMG_4668-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

And this my friends is what happens when the little cutie tries to help me make dinner=)IMG_4675-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

He seriously loves to eat flour!

IMG_4676-2013-02-17-20-00.jpg

IMG_4672-2013-02-17-20-00.JPG

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post. We also do dinner at home as a family for valentines day. I like spending it with my kids, our anniversary is the 19th so we go on a date without kids for that. This year I made pink and purple heart pancakes for breakfast and heart shaped pizza for dinner. We have had the peach and chicken thing at Olive Garden too and it was the best! Maybe Sean should share his recipe!! Brett is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun holiday tradition! I agree that Sean should share his recipes!! Brett looks cute all puckered up with flour on his face. love, mom p

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yours for the eggs and cheese in pastry for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete