Sunday, April 14, 2013

"Houston we have a toddler!"

Seriously folks, we have a toddler over here. He is spunky, rambunctious, temperamental, explorative, adorable, and very very sweet! One of his weird quirks lately is that he always has to have his feet covered, and I mean ALWAYS! He gets socks on the minute he gets out of the bath at night and shoes on the first second he can when he wakes up in the mornings. He likes to wear these cute sandals we got him lately, but of course he wears his socks with them. Am I a bad mom for allowing him to commit this fashion crime? Oh well, its actually really cute.

He has gotten grumpy about going to bed at night lately too. I was starting to get super content knowing that he would be in bed every night around 7-8, then I could have some time to rest and accomplish some things before I go to bed myself. Not the case lately. It all started when he began teething again. I really hate teething! He got his upper 2 canines which was waking him up in the middle of the night and causing some problems falling asleep. Then last week the poor little guy got the stomach flu. He would wake up with poopy diapers or just not feeling well and of course we wanted to tend to his needs, but he got used to us coming in all the time. Then he has been getting his lower canines. They have all finally cut, I had no idea we would feel like 16 teeth was such a accomplishment. Anyway this has all affected his sleep, not to mention the giant developmental jumps he’s been taking lately too. Hopefully we’ll get back on a good schedule where the little guy will actually go to sleep when we put him to bed!

So we had an Easter egg hunt and Brett didn’t really get it. He picked up two eggs and shook them and he didn’t care about any of the other 15 eggs. But he sure looked cute!IMG_5165-2013-04-14-18-18.jpgIMG_5166-2013-04-14-18-18.JPGIMG_5170-2013-04-14-18-18.jpg

We planted our garden on general conference Saturday, we are grateful that it is still alive even after the frost we weren’t expecting. I am also grateful we got it all done before I got the stomach flu from Brett later that night=(

IMG_5173-2013-04-14-18-18.JPGIMG_5174-2013-04-14-18-18.JPGIMG_5176-2013-04-14-18-18.JPGIMG_5185-2013-04-14-18-18.JPGIMG_5186-2013-04-14-18-18.JPG

Remember that last post where Brett was wearing Sean’s shoes? He likes to wear anyone’s shoes and I often find him walking around in mine because they are easier to move in than Sean’s.IMG_5159-2013-04-14-18-18.jpg

We also got Brett this cute hat to help block the sun from his eyes. He looks stinkin’ adorable in it!!IMG_5187-2013-04-14-18-18.jpgIMG_5188-2013-04-14-18-18.jpg

2 comments:

  1. He is the most adorable little one!, he looks like grandpa in his hat! lol.

    Love Mom Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardens are terrific cause they have dirt! and you get to work with dad =-)

    ReplyDelete