I always tried to take pictures of my pregnancy with Brett but I was terrible at labeling them. I actually still don’t know a great way to keep track of exactly what week each picture is taken. Oh well! Here is a picture of me pregnant with Brett at around 16 weeks compared to me pregnant with the Deedee today at 17 weeks:
I have not blogged very much about this pregnancy which is sad. There are many reasons for this: #1. I haven’t been very sick and therefore haven’t felt the need to complaint. #2. I tend to focus on the toddler on the outside, although I have started to feel some flutters which have made me start to feel more connected to this new little life. #3. Because of the lack of sickness I have been a little nervous/anxious about the health of the baby (you know that old wives tale that says the sicker you are the healthier the baby, its a lie!) #4 I’m still not all that pregnant so there hasn’t been time.
Regardless of all those reasons I am so excited about this little baby that is coming! We talk about it every day, Brett asks me about the baby and knocks on my belly. He insists I lift my shirt and then tells me with lots of signs and words about how the baby will drink milk, and sleep, and cry, and how we will tell it shhh, its really adorable! Sean and I are trying to figure out how to squeeze another human into our apartment. Who knew toddlers could take up so much space?!?
We signed another year lease on this place so we’re here to stay for 2 more years I think. We rented a storage unit right outside our apartment. Its really really big so it will fit lots of stuff from our overflowing closets making more room for toys and clothes and stuff. We are making the biggest storage closet in Brett’s room into a toy room for him, I need to take some pictures. Brett still hasn’t shown any desire to climb out of his crib (knock on wood). My plan is to keep him in a crib for as long as possible. So when Deedee comes he/she will sleep in our room for 3-4 or even 5 months, then we will either buy a toddler bed or a new crib who knows. Or maybe we will buy Brett a new crib that converts to a toddler bed before Deedee comes. As you can see we haven’t decided yet. I am having a hard time not having a nursery to prepare for this new one.
I went to the doctor on Wednesday and got to hear the baby’s heartbeat for the first time. Brett came with me and was nervous so he layed on top of my chest and snuggled in while she put the doppler thing on my belly. She found the heartbeat immediately. It was a wonderful moment as I held my little boy and heard my new little baby at the same time, it brought tears to my eyes!
We can find out the gender starting the week of the 24th. I think I am going to try to schedule the ultrasound for July 1st because there is a small chance Sean will be able to come. If he has a particular kind of clinic that day and I schedule it late in the afternoon it may work out, if not I found out they do make a DVD so he will be able to see it no matter what. I originally wanted Brett to go but I need to go to a perinatologist and they wont’ let anyone under 12 in so he’ll have to watch the Deedee movie later. Sean thinks the baby is a girl and I think I might think its a girl too, who knows? We’ll do a poll again=) We’ve been looking at movie credits for names we like.
My maternity clothes are a disaster I feel. Lots of them are too big because I started this pregnancy a little smaller and I wore my old clothes when I was 9 months pregnant so they are a little stretched out. I think I had in my head that you have to buy maternity clothes once in life and then you’re good, not so. My mom has spontaneously sent me $ twice to get some things and Sean is a sweetheart and encourages me to buy clothes so I don’t feel awful. I got my hair cut yesterday too which does a world of good for a girls self esteem=)
We are going to Utah next week for Eric and Natalie’s wedding and I am so so excited to see my parents, grandma, and all of Sean’s family. Sean needed some black slacks to be a groomsman so we got him some that were too long. I hemmed them all by myself (after asking my mom for a refresher on how) and they actually look good! Natalie’s parents sent Brett this adorable outfit for the wedding…seriously so so cute! I know he’s not smiling, but you can see the really cute belt in this shot.

We have three kids in our 2 bedroom apartment. It's tight! And we don't have a storage unit. We are so excited to buy a house!
ReplyDeleteIf I was you I'd get a toddler bed for Brett. You could have the baby sleep in your room in a pack-n-play and then when you're ready move the baby into the crib. But that's just me. Do whatever you're comfortable with. I would say wait until buying anything until you have to because you don't have much space anyway and you have no idea what kind of tricks Brett with be up to later.
As for the pictures, I liked to name my picture files the number of weeks along I was and/or write it in the picture in Photoshop. You could also just take a picture of you holding a piece of paper with the number of weeks written on it.
I'd love to see you when you come next week but I'm sure you're all booked. But if you to happened to have any free time give me a call!