On Monday night or rather very very early on Tuesday morning, Elder Brian came home from Russia. His plane was supposed to land around 9:30 PM, so Mom and Dad P and Sean went over to be a welcoming committee while I stayed home with Mr. Brett. About 10 PM the crew arrived back at our apartment without Brian. There was a terrible lightning storm over Albuquerque and the plane couldn’t land so it got re-routed to Phoenix. After lots of phone calls and checking the internet and after Sean and I went to bed, Brian finally landed at 1:07. He called Mom P when he landed and they actually met up in baggage claim. I think I was most sad to miss seeing Brian see his mom after 2 years!
They headed home to White Rock, arriving sometime around 3AM. Brian was being releases at 7AM so they only got about 2 hours of sleep! They came down to Albuquerque the next afternoon so we got to see Brian! He looks so fantastic and happy! Brett is becoming fast friends with him!
Another kind of welcome home we have been doing lately is welcoming Daddy home. Brett is getting so sad to have Daddy go to work, which is especially sad as Sean has been working 6 day weeks. The other day Sean had texted me that he was on his way so I told Brett we should go get the mail and water the plants and then Daddy would be home. He helped me get the mail and then he perched himself on this step and told me he was “aaating” (waiting). He sat there until Sean got home. On Wednesday Sean thought he would probably be home around 5:30 but he got stuck at a rhumatology clinic. After Brett and I had dinner, Brett just started crying. We sat on the couch and I asked him what was wrong and he just said Dada. It was so sad. The boys were at least reunited by 7:30 so they were able to play for a bit before bedtime.
Today is a good day because Dada gets to stay home! Here are the boys doing some Sunday morning reading =)

What tender stories to read, Jennie! Who wouldn't feel for the little boy sitting on the steps waiting for his Daddy to come home?
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to thank you for the balloons you got for us to take and greet Brian coming back home--there's part of the story I haven't yet shared with you. I attached them to my left hand so I could get my iPhone camera ready to take photos of Brian as soon as I could see him. =-)
As I headed from the meet and greet area where passengers first emerge and can be approached by family and friends down the the baggage area where I was now certain he must be, I put the loop for the balloons on my left hand to leave my right hand free to take photos.
The baggage area was looking crowded and I was still pretty far away but trying to see Brian in the group--that's when I saw somebody moving rapidly through the people surrounding him before he broke free and started to run. It was Brian!! He'd seen the balloons coming and guessed correctly that it was his mom holding them.
That's when I had to decide if I was going to take a picture or also run--and running won out. Thank you again and again for thinking of balloons and getting them--otherwise he probably wouldn't have seen me coming.
I owe our mostly private greeting to your thoughtfulness!! love, mom p