Wednesday, July 3, 2013

You guessed right!

Today I am feeling extremely lucky and blessed! We were able to see our healthy and adorable baby GIRL moving all around in my tummy yesterday. All her anatomy looks great and she is quite a wiggler. According to her measurements she is a little small. They think she may be due around the 28th of November instead of the 24th. The technician couldn’t get a good image of her mouth/lips which is important so they can rule out a cleft lip (I don’t see why we would need to know that before she is born). She also wanted a little better image of the baby’s heart. We saw all 4 chambers and she said what she could see looked great. The placenta apparently has some suspicious looking dark spots on it though. She called it possible placanta lakes which could be cancerous I think, I didn’t really understand. Anyway I need to go see a perinatologist in a few weeks to make sure everything is ok and while he is checking that he can check her lips and heart too. I am not worried in the slightest, it will be cool to see this cute little lady again.

So we are having a girl, unless we have a very very shy boy! She said she was 97% sure the baby is a girl, so we are going with it! I am not too surprised since I really thought she was a girl, I have felt so different this pregnancy than my pregnancy with Brett.

I will share some of her cute little pictures now:

Little skeleton face, her brain looked healthy=)

IMG_5698-2013-07-3-12-51.JPG

Some great profile shots! I went to compare to Brett’s ultrasound pictures and remembered that we had no profile shots of him. I wish we would have because I am curious to see if they will look alike.

IMG_5700-2013-07-3-12-51.JPG

Brett likes this one because you can see her ear and nose really good:

IMG_5708-2013-07-3-12-51.JPG

She kept moving her hands all over the place. In this picture you can see her thumb right next to her mouth and her little fingers making a fist.

IMG_5707-2013-07-3-12-51.JPG

I can only see 1 leg, but apparently there are 2 in the picture.

IMG_5716-2013-07-3-12-51.jpg

19 and a half weeks, almost halfway there!

IMG_5693-2013-07-3-12-51.jpg

IMG_5695-2013-07-3-12-51.jpg

We have some names in mind, but we aren’t sure yet. With Brett we knew immediately that his name was Brett and when we decided to change it a few days later, we couldn’t . He wanted his name to be Brett! I had really liked the name Elizabeth but I don’t think she looks like an Elizabeth. We have lots of time to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment