Monday, July 1, 2013

Stuff

Brett still loves his Daddy’s helmet! Here he is in May of last year and then in June of this year. He is so much bigger!
IMG_2624-2013-07-1-20-41.JPG
IMG_5666-2013-07-1-20-41.JPG
Brett has always loved cars. One game we enjoy is lining all the cars in the house up in a line. Some variations include putting them all on the kitchen table or setting up the train track and putting the cars all around it. I really like when we put them by the train because Brett sits in the middle and makes the train go around and waves at all the other cars.
IMG_5670-2013-07-1-20-41.jpg
IMG_5669-2013-07-1-20-41.jpg
IMG_5687-2013-07-1-20-41.JPG
We try to encourage the artistic abilities of our son. Here he is finger painting. We painted one morning last week and he was very clean about it. He did get his hands all painted, mostly trying to trace them. It was really cute. On Saturday we tried again and he got a little more excited about it. By the time we were done there was paint all over his face, in his hair and on the floor. Still so fun and easily cleanable=)
IMG_5673-2013-07-1-20-41.JPG
IMG_5674-2013-07-1-20-41.jpg
IMG_5679-2013-07-1-20-41.JPG
IMG_5684-2013-07-1-20-41.JPG
Tomorrow we find out the gender of our new baby! I am really really excited. Sean is going to be able to be there=) At Eric and Natalie’s wedding I started feeling some pressure that reminded me of how it felt to have just given birth. I took it easy and made Sean do most of the dancing with Brett. Throughout the week it has been there on and off, depending on how much I was on my feet. On Saturday we went to a ward breakfast and played outside for way to long. Then we had a full day which we concluded by spending an hour walking around toys R us looking for birthday presents for Brett. By the time we got home I was in some serious pain and was really worried something was wrong. We called the doctor on call and after answering several questions the doctor recommended waiting to come in till this morning. I felt better after hearing that he didn’t think it was an emergency. I was worried though. I asked Sean to give me a blessing yesterday and one of the missionaries came to help too. Actually Sean anointed and the missionary sealed the anointing and gave the blessing. It was really beautiful and I was again so grateful for the Priesthood and the ability to feel God’s power and love. I felt calm and peaceful after the blessing and felt like the baby would be okay. I went to the doctor this morning and everything looks absolutely normal. She suspects I have a urinary tract infection so she sent a sample to the lab and we will hear back on Wednesday. I hope it is a uti because then I could take an antibiotic and feel better, if its not I think this baby is just sitting really really low and I can pray he/she will move. I got to hear the baby’s heartbeat today again and have felt him/her moving a little more lately. Stay tuned to hear if we are having another little man child or a little miss=)
Sean is on Newborn Nursery this week which means he is at the hospital checking the little brand new babies.  He admitted one today who was over 10 lbs!  Poor mother!  He has to work on the 4th of July because people don't stop having babies on holidays.  Today was his first day and he said that he liked the newborns and doing the exams on them but kinda disliked the unit (meaning the doctors and protocol)  He said it just felt very disorganized.  The new interns started this week though I think so that may be why.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.  His schedule is pretty normal for the next 3 weeks (works pretty normal hours and just has tons of studying in the evenings), although he is working 6/7 days (which isn't too bad, 7/7 would be pretty hard)  After that I think he starts nights and 12 hour shifts at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment