Sean has had a much needed and much deserved 2 week break. We are at the end of that break and I think we are both feeling quite sad that he has to go back to work tomorrow. What a great vacation it has been! To start of the fun times, Sean’s brother Neil and family flew in from Virginia to help rebuild a fence at Mom and Dad P’s house. They arrived on a Saturday and Sean and I got to babysit Kaden and Alexis while Neil and Rebecca went to the Temple. Brett had the most fun of everyone! He loves his cousin Kaden and enjoyed following him around and doing everything that he did! The two made quite the mess and it was adorable!
On Monday morning the epic fence building started. Neil had done some research and discovered that a tool called an ogger would be really useful for post hole digging. Brian, Sean, and Neil started taking down the old fence. Rebecca helped out a lot with everything while running around caring for her kids. Mom P painted posts and pickets and 2x4’s like a pro, Dad P ran around doing errands, finding things, and helping out. It was a massive amount of work and I had fun watching the whole thing. I did my best to keep people sun screened and help Kaden and Brett stay occupied.
The old fence gets ripped down:
The boys make the dirt rain on them, I have never seen such dirty boys in all my life!
Using the Ogger:
This hole took about 5 man hours to get cleared out. The old post that was in there had a layer of cement over a foot of rocks over another foot and half of cement. It took them forever to dig that thing up!
Here is the ogger:
On day 2 we got more creative with the boys. They got to “cook” with the dirt. Brett was making a cake and Kaden was making chocolate chip cookies.
I went and bought a kiddie pool at Smiths and the boys took a break to blow it up for me.
Brett had fun filling it up:
They just kept working working working!
The boys enjoyed the water
Alexis came and joined in which made Brett mad. He was kinda scared of this adorable 1 year old and i’m not sure why. Lexi sure loved the water though and looked adorable in her cute swimsuit!
The pickets start to go up. I didn’t get a picture of the finished product but it looks beautiful! They spent 2 1/2 day total that week on the fence (of course Mom, Dad, and Brian have been putting countless hours in on the other sections throughout the summer too!)
The project reminded me how fun it can be to work together as a family. I didn’t help with any of the fence building, but I was able to help keep kids occupied and prepare meals which was a lot of fun. We did other fun things this week too, but I will post more about that later =)

No comments:
Post a Comment