Friday, September 20, 2013

Last Utah post: The Zoo and B-day Parties

I am only 3 weeks behind on finishing blogging our 2 week August vacation =)

Saturday was our last day in Utah and we packed it full of all kinds of fun things. We went to the zoo in the morning. I love having a mom who works there so we get in free and get lots of discounts. We all met up there around 9 hoping to miss some of the heat. Brett had a little cold and was feeling kinda lousy, but he perked up once we finally got to the zoo. Since my Grandma had such a hard time with the walk at the Aviary (which is way smaller than the zoo), my mom got a golf cart. It was really nice for Grandma especially and I took a few rests on it as well. Bless my mom’s heart for driving the enormous thing around and trying to maneuver around people.

IMG_6239-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

I didn’t take too many pictures, but we had lots of fun. I especially enjoyed watching the polar bear who was swimming laps. We rode the carousel which thrilled Brett beyond measure and then we went to the bird show. I don’t recall going to it for years and it was well worth our time. Amazing birds and fun music. At the very beginning, all the kids went down on the stage to have a dancing contest. Kaity and Brett did a splendid job and Brett even won a prize for being the best dancer =) It was a free carousel ride which he gave to another child since Mimi can get him on for free.

We went to the cafeteria for lunch and I got a slice of pizza for Brett. We went to the next station to get a sandwich for Sean and I to share and Brett started freaking out that he had no pizza in his mouth. He was apparently starving and ate most of a giant piece of pizza once we sat down.

Brett got a new hat at the gift shop and Papa also bought him some new cars.

IMG_6241-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

IMG_6240-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

We got home just in time for Mr. Brett to have a nap. While he was sleeping, Sam made birthday cakes for the kids and we cleaned up and started setting up for the party later. Sam made Kaity an adorable Belle cake which Kaity LOVED. She made a Brett a little car cake.

IMG_6245-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

IMG_6243-2013-09-20-20-16.jpg

IMG_6261-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

Jared’s birthday is also in August so he requested some BBQ ribs for dinner. My dad made some delicious ribs and mom made some awesome dutch oven potatoes. It was a yummy meal. We opened presents and both Kaity and Brett were super spoiled.

Brett got this awesome hand painted rocking horse from my parents and Grandma, new books and a truck from Aunt Sam, and an awesome book from Uncle Steve and Aunt Linda. He got so many gifts and fun things, I know I am missing some of them. Brett is now a huge fan of birthdays! We also gave Mimi her card and gift since her birthday was the week after we left.

IMG_6252-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

Kaity was really so excited about this cake!

IMG_6262-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

Brett hasn’t loved cake in the past but he ate most of this little cake and has been a much bigger fan of eating cake since his many birthday celebrations.

IMG_6265-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

IMG_6264-2013-09-20-20-16.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment