Sunday, October 20, 2013

Baby Shower and Big Boy Bed

Sean finally talked me into trying out a toddler bed with Mr. Brett. We decided to set it up in his bedroom just as we will want things when Alana moves in there with him in several months, then he can choose if he wants to sleep in his crib (old bed) or his new bed. He was really unsure of it at first, but we spent the whole afternoon in there moving pictures and changing things around. Both Sean and I laid with him in his new bed and by bedtime I guess he felt pretty comfortable. He chose his new bed and we were both surprised when he fell asleep with no problems. He stayed asleep till about 12:30 AM when he woke up scared and disoriented. Sean and I both went in there and talked with him about his new bed. After snuggling and being assured for 15 min or so he still wanted to sleep in his new bed, so he climbed back in and fell right to sleep. He woke up one other time and just needed his blanket put back on. He slept till 8 AM and when we went in to get him he hopped out of his bed and walked out to the breakfast table. I tried to take a picture of him sleeping but his room was too dark and I didn’t want to wake him, I will have to try during a nap time. He just fell asleep for a nap in his big boy bed so it seems that we have a good start to the transition. He can still choose to go back to his crib if he wants and if we start having problems with him getting out of bed and such we can move him back too. His new bed combined with his recent sentence talking make me feel like he is growing up so fast! Here are a few pictures of us switching the nursery around and then some phone pics of the finished product, when Alana’s side is done I will take better pics of everything =)

Sean is a wonderful man to hang and rehang things anytime I ask!

IMG_6334-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

Brett had his tools out and helped with the entire process.

IMG_6335-2013-10-20-14-02.jpg

Brett’s new bed (thanks for the loan M&D P.).

IMG_0553-2013-10-20-14-02.jpg

Alana’s bows are behind the door for now. I need to get a little hook for all her cute headbands too. IMG_0555-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

IMG_0556-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

Alana’s hanging and some primary pictures. The cute letter “A” came from her baby shower yesterday.

IMG_0554-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

Speaking of Alana’s shower, it was wonderful! The ladies from YW threw it for me and it turned out really cute. Lots of sweet ladies came and Alana and I were super spoiled. We ate delicious coffee cake muffins and yogurt with granola and fruit. We played some really fun baby shower games that I have never seen before. For the first one we had to hold a baby doll and a phone and hang 4 articles of clothing on a clothes line. We were timed and the best time won! I think I took the longest time, but in all fairness I was holding 2 babies =) The second game was a binkie spitting game. Everyone put a binkie in their mouth and spat it as far as they could, I won!! Apparently I have mad skills at spitting binkies. We guessed how many q-tips were in a jar and all the ladies measured string to see how fat they think I am =) One lady measured exactly perfectly! It was a really nice time just visiting and being with the wonderful women from my ward (especially since today our boundaries were redrawn and we aren’t in that ward anymore). Here are some photos from the party, I should have been better at taking more but I guess I was just enjoying myself and not so worried about documenting things.

There were also diapers where the ladies wrote words of encouragement, a little tree with ornaments for advice, and pre-addressed thank you notes.

IMG_6329-2013-10-20-14-02.jpg

I took this photo before the yummy muffins arrived. Note the beautiful tissue paper flowers!

IMG_6331-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

More tissue paper flowers and cute lady bugs for our Lady Lana.IMG_6330-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

A treasure from the binkie spitting game:

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2013_10_19_14-21-28-2013-10-20-14-02.jpg

And then I have just a few more pics to share:

Brett finally got an apron for helping me in the kitchen.

IMG_6328-2013-10-20-14-02.jpg

The park is the best things EVER! Even after spending 2 hours there on Friday morning, Brett sobbed all the way home. IMG_0545-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

I have been craving hamburgers so Sean took me to Red Robin on Friday night. We got a milkshake to share and Brett thought that was awesome! He was also thrilled with the salad we ordered for him since it came with croutons which according to Brett are the worlds best food!

IMG_0549-2013-10-20-14-02.JPG

Post cards came from both Sean’s parents and my parents. The four of them went to Disneyland together last week and had a blast. They sent Brett cards from CarsLand which we read about 10 times each. He was so thrilled and kept thinking it was his birthday because he got such awesome mail.

IMG_0552-2013-10-20-14-02.jpg

This morning we had a special Stake meeting to change lots of boundaries. We are now in a different ward called the North Valley Ward. We are so so sad to leave the wonderful people we have served with over the past two and half years. As we were getting ready to go to the meeting Brett wanted to wear a tie like Daddy. He rarely lets us put one on him so I couldn’t resist getting a picture. So cute!!

IMG_0558-2013-10-20-14-02.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Brett is such a cutie! Your baby shower looks like so much fun and I can't wait to see that little lady when she gets here! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun pictures! You are so well prepared for that little girl to arrive. :):) I laughed when I saw the hair bow frame - your girl will be much better accessorized than Reagan. She's already got about 80 more bows than her, and ours are shoved in a tiny box, and I"m always to lazy to see if I have any coordinating one. Needless to say, she is mistaken for a boy more often than I would like;) Good luck with everything you guys have coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's late...sorry for my grammatical/spelling errors...:)

      Delete