Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tigeriffic Halloween

So my mom made AMAZING Halloween costumes, like really really amazing! She is an awesome seamstress and somehow found the time to make 2 custom beautiful Halloween costumes for my sister and I each year while working full time. Since I always had such awesome costumes, I kinda feel this pressure that Brett’s costume needs to be really good. His first Halloween he was a dinosaur and I actually don’t think I can ever top the cuteness of that costume!

The next year he was a puppy. It was cute, but not amazing especially since he wouldn’t keep the ears on.

This year I thought he should be a car. I looked online for some ideas and was completely overwhelmed. He was hopping around pretending to be a frog one day and I thought that would be way cute, so I started looking for ideas for that. Then 1 day he was wearing his tiger hat and I thought that would be cute. So I asked him if he wanted to be a frog or tiger and he of course chose tiger because he loves Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. The quest began for orange shirts and pants (not as easy to find as you would think). Then because I bought the shirts I needed to hand sew all the stripes on because I couldn’t maneuver the shirts the way I wanted to on the machine. I have also always thought it would be so so fun to be pregnant at Halloween time so I could have a pregnant costume, so of course I ended up making costumes for Sean, me, and Brett. It was exhausting and I’m not really sure what convinced me to do it while trying to finish up so many other things before Alana is born. I was really happy with the way they turned out and Brett is especially thrilled with his tail. Here are some pictures of the cuteness:

Brett loved having his face painted!

IMG_6346-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

The tail:

IMG_6348-2013-10-29-13-09.jpg

Baby Alana making her presence known. I bought a normal shirt instead of a maternity shirt and in some of the pictures I think I just look like I ate way too much candy, but the baby tiger on front makes it pretty obvious. IMG_6351-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

Posing on the front steps:

IMG_6356-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

Sean was amazing and painted his face super awesomely!

IMG_6362-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

We were getting ready to go to our old ward’s Halloween party. Since the YW were in charge and we like that ward a lot we still went. We tried to go early to help set up and ended up getting lost when we tried to go around several police barricades. I guess there was a shooting and they had to close several sections of road. We made it a little early still and were able to help set up lots of things.

Brett ate mostly desserts for dinner =)

IMG_6370-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

Tiger family:

IMG_6371-2013-10-29-13-09.jpg

Brett LOVED Trick-or-Treating! He thought it was the most brilliant idea ever. He said Trick-or-Treat so cute and has been loving having some good candy treats each day. We are going again tonight with our new ward.

IMG_6376-2013-10-29-13-09.jpg

I like how this picture shows how my back was aching after all the standing and playing. Brett was so tired after all the carnival games and running around that he could barely walk to Trick-or-Treat.

IMG_6381-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

On Sunday afternoon we carved our pumpkin. Sean likes the carving part and I like the guts part so we are a good pair.

IMG_6387-2013-10-29-13-09.jpg

Brett wasn’t a fan of the guts until I told him he could mix it and then he was super excited to hold the spoon.

IMG_6388-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

IMG_6389-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

I asked Brett if he wanted a happy face or a sad face and he said sad, so we have a sad pumpkin this year.

IMG_6396-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

I got a picture of Brett sleeping during his nap the other day. He is so cute in his big boy bed and is making the transition quite nicely. He did fall out the other night and I think he was just mostly upset because I told him he wasn’t allowed out of his bed if we aren’t in the room.

IMG_6385-2013-10-29-13-09.JPG

I think this is a great picture to describe how Brett and I struggle to snuggle right now =( It really is so sad, but we have made many modifications and we still make it work. It’s hard when your lap disappears.

IMG_6339-2013-10-29-13-09.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I can see why he loves the tail--his costume is pretty amazing! and I love your tiger family =-)

    ReplyDelete