Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Are they similar?

Once upon a time I had a son who looks exactly like his father! As he has grown up he has shown some similarities to me, however he is still undeniably his daddy in miniature.

Alana looks a little more like me I think. I have thought she resembled my baby pictures and today when I put her in one of my old dresses I thought the comparison was fun. The first picture is me and the second one Alana. I was only 5 lbs 6 oz when I was born so this dress looks a little shorter for our long Miss Alana =)scan0014-2013-12-4-21-02.jpgIMG_0656-2013-12-4-21-02.jpg

She is so much fun to be around!! She is learning how to burp better which we are all grateful for, especially at 2 AM. We are also working very hard on getting her to be more awake during the day and more asleep at night. Last night I just watched a movie while taking care of her and it made it so so much better. Its harder to be awake in the middle of the night when you are just sitting there wishing you could sleep. I can’t complain really since she does 2 four hour stretches at night.

IMG_6764-2013-12-4-21-02.JPG

Brett is even getting more used to her and is loving being a big brother! He loves to kiss her and today I found something sticky in her hair and some pancake batter on her forehead from his slobbery kisses. He likes to play cars with her and helps me with her socks and blankets. He has had a pretty bad cough and cold and I have been grateful that she has stayed healthy so far.

IMG_6766-2013-12-4-21-02.JPG

Last night we made a gingerbread train and Brett was thrilled! This is a fuzzy iPhone picture, but thats all I have for now =)

IMG_0652-2013-12-4-21-02.jpg

She is just so cute!!

IMG_0647-2013-12-4-21-02.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jennie. Your little family is so darling. I hope we get to see you on our way to or from Lubbock after Christmas! I want to give that little lady a squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I am your mom and I got to grow up with you, I was hoping for a look alike of you! I got my wish. You where a little my toe head. But so close! I just love all three of my grandbabies. Love mom

    ReplyDelete