Sunday, January 12, 2014

Alana 6 weeks

Alana turned 6 weeks old last Saturday! She is starting to coo and smile more and is more awake. Here she is last Sunday in her Christmas dress:

IMG_0426-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

Every time I try to practice taking pictures of Alana, Brett joins us and of course kisses his little sister=)

IMG_0427-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

I wanted a picture of me with my cute kids so Sean captured this one, Brett is into saying “cheese” and making a fake smiling face.

IMG_0435-2014-01-12-15-22.jpg

We went to the doctor on Thursday and Alana is growing well. She now weighs 10 lbs 4 oz and is 22.5 inches long. She is about average percentile in all her measurements. She did pretty good with her shots, although her poor little thighs have been pretty sore. She vomited the oral vaccine just like Brett, but the doctor didn’t force her to keep taking it and keep throwing up which was really nice! She has learned to love her swing and her favorite part is the bird on the mobile. She smiles and coos at that more than anything.

IMG_0459-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

IMG_0458-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

We went on a walk this week and I am always paranoid about Alana getting cold.

IMG_0469-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

Much to my dismay, she is learning the difference between breast and bottle and much prefers the breast. I will insist till i’m blue in the face that she gets 1 bottle a day. I do love nursing her though and am glad she enjoys it too! Sean loves giving her a bottle and its really important to my mental health takes one too.

IMG_0484-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

These are from this morning so she is technically 7 weeks old in these =)

IMG_0567-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

IMG_0588-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

Coming soon in another blog will be the story of how this little man scraped his nose up at the park:

IMG_0604-2014-01-12-15-22.JPG

2 comments:

  1. The picture of the thre of you. Brett looks just like papa z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Brett looks like he's got a secret in that one--maybe that's what makes him look like papa z! his poor nose! Alana is a "living doll" you get to dress up in such cute clothes =-) what an adorable little girl mom p

    ReplyDelete