We drove home on monday the 30th from Utah. It was a good trip again and although we were all tired, the kids did a great job and we did it in 12.5 hours again. Brett spent the trip snuggled under blankets again, he didn’t go back to sleep in the morning and he only slept for about 40 min in the afternoon because Alana started crying and woke him up=) He was a trooper though and was really excited to get back home.
We celebrated New Year’s by eating a stuffed pizza from Papa Murphy’s and watching the movie planes. We actually liked the movie quite a lot and Brett really enjoyed the m&m’s we ate during the movie. Brett went to bed around 8:30 and I think we went to sleep about 11 (it would have been earlier, but Alana likes to be up late sometimes). It was a really fun evening together and we all enjoyed not being exhausted the next day.
We went to River of Lights at the Botanical Gardens on Jan 2 and had a great time! It was perfect weather and not too crowded. The lights were beautiful and Brett was in heaven. We bought Alana a little puffy suit so she would stay nice and warm too. I had a great time playing with the night setting on my new camera:
After getting things unpacked and our house cleaned and organized we put together some New Year’s goals. We both want to read the scriptures or do some sort of personal gospel study each day. We do really good and family scripture reading but aren’t so great at the personal. I decided I needed a worldly motivation so we aren’t allowed to go out to eat on the weekend if we haven’t done our personal study=) We’ve both been doing really good with this one so far, and we have plans to celebrate at Olive Garden this weekend.
We also want to exercise more. Sean enjoys exercise and I need to get back in shape after pregnancy. We decided to invest in T25 since we both feel like Shaun T gives awesome workouts and we both can commit to 25 minutes. It came on Tuesday and we have done 3 of the workouts so far. I am already way ahead of where I was after Brett was born, my recovery has been a lot easier this time which is so nice! We like the workouts and plan to do them together often. My goal is to exercise 5 times a week. Brett also LOVES the exercise and acts as a little coach. Last night we were doing some ab exercises and Brett was watching Shaun T on the TV helping people get the right form. Brett decided I needed a little help with my form too and mimicked the trainer really well-it was adorable!
After the Christmas holidays and being pregnant I also need to reset my eating habits so I am doing dessert-less weeks (i’ve committed to 4 so far). Meaning no dessert or candy during the week and only one helping each day on the weekend. It’s been hard this week to not reach for the chocolate and ice cream during nap time or after Brett goes to bed.
We have a few other goals about getting better at different skills too, its always nice to have a fresh start on the year to improve ourselves.
Next up is Alana’s 6 week post and then we are all caught up!

What terrific night-time photos! And I love the one where Brett is exercising with Sean--isn't that like a half-plank or something? keep up the good work on your goals! love, mom p
ReplyDelete