So Sean bought me this awesome, fantastic little gadget that has changed my life! What is it you may ask? A handheld vacuum. I know, I know, it doesn’t sound that exciting and I feel a little old and motherly for how excited I get every time I get to use it. It’s just so darn handy, especially with a toddler! We use it to vacuum up crumbs after crackers, clean off the chairs after play dough, suck up hair after haircuts and get dead bugs off the floor of our NM apartment. I use it for tons of other little things and it really does make my heart happy! Thank you Danny Tanner (Full House) for inspiring this purchase, it has changed my life =)
Another new (ish) gadget that I have been loving is my fitbit. Have you heard of these things? They are this little computer that clips onto your bra or pants and tracks how many steps you take and calories you burn and miles you walk. You may be thinking its just a pedometer and in essence that is exactly what it is. It just works so much better than any other pedometer I have ever used. There are no buttons on it so it can’t accidentally get bumped and reset. It automatically syncs to the computer whenever you come with in range. The website gives me a graph of my movement and calorie burn throughout the day. I am able to set movement goals and track calories, sleep, blood pressure, and activities. I don’t use all the little cool things (since I’m not really worried about tracking my BP) but I have been using the calorie counter. You put in all your information (height, weight, and goal weight) and it tells you how many calories to eat based on those things. Then the really cool part is it adjusts your calories throughout the day to tell you how many more calories you can eat based on your activity. I like this a lot because I tend to be the type that says “I worked out so I can have more to eat” but working out doesn’t actually give you that many more calories. Its also just a great exercise to count calories for me since I have kinda lost track of how fast they add up and what things are high and low in calories. It is really helping me to make better choices and be healthier all around =)
The last new gadget I will mention is our Ninja blender. My parents kinda love QVC and Home Shopping Network and I have made a habit of teasing them about it, but after they got us this awesome Ninja for Christmas I can’t laugh anymore!
This is what our new blender looks like and it is awesome! Our old one was dying and this one makes perfect, delicious, smooth smoothies in no time at all! It came with two little single serve cups and a blender attachment for those (kinda like a magic bullet) so you can have a personal size smoothie. It also came with a food processor attachment (all for under $100, seriously folks if I had cable and money I’d be watching me some QVC). I have been making myself a green smoothie everyday with spinach and carrots and peaches and bananas and then sometimes we even have a second smoothie for dinner too! Sean also loves it because he can put a healthy smoothie together with a whole apple and banana and blueberries and take it on his way to work in five min. We love it and it is making our dessert-free weeks a little easier since we can have a delicious, healthy, sweet treat =)
This little girl has a cold, here are some action shots of her sneezing for your enjoyment:
This little boy has been doing T-25 with us and here are his before shots =) Pretty handsome, huh?

We have a Ninja, too! We got ours at Costco. My only complaint is it doesn't chop up spinach very tiny, but it does a great job with ice
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my handheld vacuum too!
ReplyDeleteAlana has cute sneezes and Brett is a handsome little guy! Glad you have such nifty gadgets to make your life better and easier
ReplyDelete