Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Riding the Train and a New Camera

On the day after Christmas my parents and Sean and I took the kids to ride Trax. Brett thought it was amazing of course and cried when we had to be done.

We got out tickets just in time to catch a train:

IMG_7067-2014-01-7-14-25.jpg

IMG_7074-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_7072-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

We rode to SLC and got off around Temple Square where we took Brett to see the Christus statue. He also had fun riding on the escalators.

IMG_7080-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_7082-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

We rode the train back to our car and then drove out to Sweet Tomatoes to meet up with Mom and Dad P, Brian and Jill, and Jill’s family.

IMG_7093-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

Sean made this with Brett’s play dough =)

IMG_7095-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

We attended a funeral on Friday morning for Sean’s Uncle Sims. It was a beautiful service and a nice reminder to me of the plan of salvation and that Christmas really is about Eternal Families. My mom and dad watched Brett and Alana for us and got lots of Daniel Tiger songs stuck in their heads.

After discussing all kinds of things with Dad P on the drive up to Utah he learned that I am interested in photography but afraid to jump in because of cost and time and fear of investing in something that doesn’t turn out. He encouraged me to take the plunge so I got a camera! Its a canon rebel t3i. I am so excited about it and have played with it a lot so far. I have read the manual and have an online class I am going to start soon. I also think I will ask Sean for some editing software for Valentines day. So from here on out the pictures get way better I think! The camera really captures so many more moments with a 2 year old! Here is one that Sean took:

IMG_0015-2014-01-7-14-25.jpg

Here is the first picture taken on the new camera:

IMG_0002-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

And here are some of my favorites from the last weeks:

IMG_0012-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_0412-2014-01-7-14-25.jpg

IMG_0397-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_0344-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_0362-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_0328-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_0292-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

IMG_0288-2014-01-7-14-25.JPG

6 comments:

  1. I have the same camera and I love it! I'm still learning though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look great! Glad you decided to take the plunge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That is the camera I have, by the way. I am excited for all the pictures to come.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those lasers! Awesome! Where is that?
    Also solid choice in camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was at the River of Lights in Albuquerque. They are just lights from like a disco ball. It was Brett's favorite part of the whole River of Lights =)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you have decided to take the plunge as well! I think the time and effort (and even the disappointments when things don't turn out as expected) are well worth it when it is something you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete