Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Grandma and Papa came to town

When Brett was first learning to talk he started calling his grandpas Papa. He couldn’t say grandma and it bothered him so we told him to call grandmas Mimi. In December my mom requested that she be changed back to grandma since that’s what my niece calls her. Now Brett has a Grandma and Papa and a Papa and Mimi. Here’s the question, should we change my dad to Grandpa now so they all have different names?

Each spring that I have lived in New Mexico I have taken a little trip up to Utah with Brett and left Sean here. This year I really wanted to go and see my parents and Grandma and friends; however I was a little worried about taking 2 kids on an airplane and trying to care for the 2 kids in a different place without Sean. Since Brett is 2 now I would need to purchase him a ticket as well so the cost was double. As I was stressing about whether I could go or not, I realized it would be awesome to have my parents come down here. So I called my Mom and she was super excited about the idea. They arrived late last Thursday night and left on Monday evening. We had a wonderful time eating out, visiting, playing games, sleeping, watching movies, and shopping.

Friday morning Sean had to work, but the rest of us went to the mall. My parents got Brett some new clothes and some adorable converse shoes. They also got Alana some new pajamas and a summer hat. We ate lunch at the food court and then got a piece of chocolate from Rocky Mountain chocolate factory before heading back home. We went to a place called Cheddars for dinner on Friday night, yum!

Alana was looking at a fan and I’m not sure what Brett was doing:

IMG_7121-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_7127-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

Tummy time:

IMG_1866-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

This little girl LOVES my mom. Alana is always happy and content but she is overjoyed to be with my mom and loves to be held by her. She also snuggles on my mom and sleeps on her way more than she does to any one else.

IMG_1868-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_1875-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

My poor dad had a nasty cold! He was a trooper though and felt a lot better after a few days of rest. This is such a classic picture of him with 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, and a laptop=)

IMG_1885-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

On Saturday we went to Costco and hung out at home. Alana was adorable as usual =)

IMG_1892-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_1905-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

My parents 35th wedding anniversary was on Sunday, so we ate out at Sadies on Saturday night to celebrate. Alana and Brett loved being with Papa too. Alana gave him the biggest smiles!

IMG_7129-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

Brett loved sitting on Papa’s lap. I also taught Brett to eat tortilla chips with honey, he thought that was a great idea!

IMG_7134-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

My mom fixed Sean’s white coat since it had been fitting funny.

IMG_1912-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

We made a chocolate cream pie and french dip sandwiches on Sunday for my parents anniversary. Brett was a big fan of the chocolate pie!

IMG_1919-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

Dr. Brett takes care of sick Papa:

IMG_1922-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

Brett took this picture with a little help from Sean:

IMG_1927-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_1924-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

On Monday, Sean had to go to work =( The rest of us went to Old Town to walk around. Papa bought Brett a bag of Candy and Brett was especially happy to enjoy the candy orange slices. We tried on Sombreros and taught Brett what a rain stick is. We ate lunch at one of the restaurants there. It was a really cute building, but the food wasn’t amazing. Both kids pooped at the end of the meal too and the bathroom was like a tiny closet so we had to change them in the van =)

IMG_7138-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_7139-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_7143-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_7148-2014-03-19-13-10.jpg

IMG_7149-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_1935-2014-03-19-13-10.jpg

IMG_7151-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_7144-2014-03-19-13-10.JPG

IMG_7137-2014-03-19-13-10.jpg

We had a great visit and were so so sad to see them go! Come back soon Papa and Grandma!

3 comments: