This expression on Brett really describes a lot of his days lately. He is either screaming in joy and silliness or sobbing because we had to leave the park after 2 hours or because I spilled water on the sidewalk. Oh the joys of a 2 year old. He really is hilarious though and makes me laugh every day. We are pretty sure he has the beginnings of an imaginary friend who he calls shadow. Sometimes when I tell him to eat 2 more bites he pretends so I tell him if he eats pretend bites than he can only have pretend milk. He continues to love Alana and actually thinks Anna from the movie Frozen is Alana. He brings her toys and encourages her all the time.
Alana continues to be a good sport when Brett gets right in her face and tells her what to do and what not to do. I love this little blue outfit that is a hand-me-down from cousin Kaity.
Brett has been doing a great job with his naps lately. Part of it is because he can earn a sticker for each nap he takes to earn a bigger prize at the end. He earns simple things like an ice cream cone, or croutons for dinner, or sometimes a bigger thing like this Hi Ho Cherry-O game. He loves the game and we have to play until everyone wins. He is working on earning a game of bowling now.
Brett and Alana were sitting on the couch one night watching Sean do his T25. They mostly do the modified version (just sitting and watching =) although Brett has a great burpee!
Very cute Father/Son game time. Sean is playing Final Fantasy and Brett is doing Monkey Lunchbox =)
Jammie cheese:
Brett is working on getting himself dressed and undressed lately. Sean is a lot better at giving him the chance. Here he is trying to do his zipper:
While Brett was practicing with his zipper, Alana was trying on her silly hat from a nice lady at church:
Story time before church:
Happy St. Patricks Day! Alana doesn’t usually wear a bow with pj’s but this one matched so she wore it for a few minutes before bedtime:
Beautiful blue eyes!
I finally finished replacing the elastic in some of Brett’s old diapers for Alana and now she wears cloth diapers 80% of the time. Thank Heavens, disposables are so expensive. The next sewing project is to replace some of the velcro on Brett’s diapers. They each have 13 so we have to do laundry every other night, not too bad =) I think she looks a ton like Brett in this picture. She’s not nearly so chunky as he was, but she still has lots of cute rolls which we love. Lately I can’t get over the wrist rolls, so cute!
She may look innocent in this picture but she was about to poop all over the couch. I knew there was a reason we have this old hand-me-down couch =)
Alana had her 4 month checkup and shots on Monday, which is funny because she isn’t 4 months old yet. She is healthy and strong and happy. She of course hated the shots, but she did great and Brett was such a wonderful helper. She weighed 13lbs 10 oz and was 24 and 3/4 inches long. She is growing so big and is wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes and size 1-2 diapers from Costco =) She loves her binkie to sleep and she loves to be sung to. Brett was really excited to take Alana for a checkup since we have been playing doctor a lot lately. My favorite procedure is when he listens with the stethoscope to my tummy and tells me he hears whatever he last saw me eat like cereal, and then he gets a power tool to remove it!

What a darling blog entry--had me laughing! I once remember someone comparing the description of the opening paragraph of Tale of Two Cities as befitting teenagers--it looks like 2 years should be included. It starts our, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." How interesting that his imagination is so strong! I love your inspired response about getting pretend milk =-) The boys loved Hi Ho Cheeri-O so it's good to see another generation enjoying it as well. I also love your idea of a "modified version"--sometimes it would be easier to just sit and have it count. Looks like Brett is getting the hang of zippers. and Alana frequently looks so startled and wide eyed. I was just thinking to myself how much like Brett she looks in that one photo and then read that you think so too. =-) It looks like the couch can take whatever Alana "throws" at it. It's fun to hear about Brett being a doctor--I bet he'd be a great one! love mimi p
ReplyDelete