I feel like life just keeps getting busier and busier. I swear the laundry never disappears, I still haven’t finished folding LAST Mondays whites! Last week we had fun at the library, played with play dough, went on walks, baked bread, went to a playdate, Sean took an OSCE (objective subject clinical exam), threw lots of tantrums, did lots of laundry, changed LOTS of diapers, and had lots of fun.
Alana is doing really well sleeping in the kids room now. She was having a lot of trouble the middle of last week and I thought perhaps she was teething, but later realized her little digestive track was struggling with the adjustment to so much solids. She was eating 2-3 servings of rice cereal a day so we just added some apple sauce and she is doing a lot better now. On the day she was in the most pain, I gave her a little more that half an ounce of apple juice and she gulped it right down. She actually liked it a lot and I think would have enjoyed a whole bottle of it. Brett is also adjusting nicely and if he hears her he just tells her shh and that mommy will help her. They sleep through each other crying all the time and its super funny to me that I was so so worried about putting them together. We still have more adjusting and I imagine we will hit lots more bumps. I miss having her cute little face right next to me at night, but it is so nice to have the pack-n-play gone so I can actually reach my closet.
She seems so little for such a huge bed!
Rice Cereal:
A play dough mess that kept us busy for 2 hours!
Trying apple sauce for the first time in the ban while traveling around Los Alamos:
Brett was good at sharing his veggie straws:
Alana tried sweet potatoes today and really liked them and Brett is loving applesauce again which is great!
We wanted to spend Easter Sunday at Mom and Dad P’s house in White Rock, but found out in the middle of the week that Sean had to work Sunday. Since he had to be there Sunday he got Saturday off (the first one in 4 weeks!) We drove up to White Rock on Friday night and had a great little vacation. It was so nice to get away from everything here and just relax, visit, and play. Brett was in heaven with all the fun toys and the huge yard. WE had an Easter egg hunt, opened Easter baskets, and dyed Easter Eggs. We also have had little lessons and songs all week about the Savior and his life. On Saturday we talked about the crucifixion and Atonement and I couldn’t wait till Sunday to show Brett the pictures of the empty tomb and the resurrected Christ. I loved preparing for Easter this way, it made it so much more meaningful. Here are lots and lots of pictures from our hunt and bubbles and baskets:
On Sunday while Sean was working, we did a few Easter photos. Kids are hard to photograph! It sure is fun practicing though =)

Love Alana's eyes in the next to the last photo--looking straight into the camera like she knows something and isn't going to tell. Love how you caught some bubbles, lots of emotions and the energy the kids have as they go about their day. Great family photo in front of an incredible fence! Thanks for sharing Easter with us =-)
ReplyDelete