Monday, April 14, 2014

Changes

Does it ever feel like everything changes all at once. I feel like most developmental leaps in Brett come in really huge chunks. Its really fun to see him change and grow though. This past week was a little crazy. I started to feel like it was time to move Alana into Brett’s room, but I was stressed because I felt like they would wake each other up constantly and I had no idea how to do nap time because I was pretty sure if Alana woke Brett up during a nap he would not go back to sleep. On Monday I started having Alana take her naps in Brett’s room, she loves it in there because his projection lamp is so cool! Brett took a good nap on Monday and then on Tuesday he couldn’t fall asleep so I let him get up and on Wednesday he couldn’t fall asleep after an hour so I let him get up again. On Thursday, he was really really tired and I was determined that he would take a nap. After he sat on his bed and sobbed for 20 min I realized naps were over for this little man. It has been a pretty smooth adjustment all things considered. Now I don’t have to worry about where Alana will sleep during the day and I also don’t have to stress and wonder if he will actually sleep. He has seemed a little tired but has actually done really great.

On Saturday night I decided it was time to try Alana sleeping in Brett’s room. I almost didn’t do it since I just love having her sleep in her little bed next to me. It makes night feedings so easy and I can check her anytime I want with no effort. I was brave and did it though and they actually did pretty good that first night. They both fell asleep really fast and Brett slept through her night feedings. He did wake up at 6:30 though with her and wouldn’t go back to sleep. Sean was an angel and let me sleep in even though it was his only morning off! Last night was a little rougher getting to sleep, but I could really feel that this is the right time for them to do this and that it will take some adjusting. Brett didn’t wake up at all and Alana only woke up once in the middle of the night and once early this morning. Then they both slept till 8:15, it was great! Hopefully everything keeps going smoothly =)

On Friday our church had a fundraiser for the young women to go to girls camp. We paid $5 a person for a yummy spaghetti dinner and then there was a fun dessert auction. I made this fun kitkat cake that sold for $25 and I also donated a loaf of wheat bread. We brought home some yummy cake pops and powdered sugar cookies. It seemed like a really good fundraiser-there were so so many desserts!

IMG_2200-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

Brett was very excited to help make the cake. I thought it was a good idea that he had his own so that he wouldn’t accidentally lick the cake for the auction.

IMG_2188-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

As you can see he licked this one quite a lot! He was in heaven!

IMG_2193-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

He told me that the 2 kitkats were candles =)

IMG_2191-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

The weather has been beautiful this past week and we spent lots of time on walks and outside. Lana looks cute with her little sunhat on.

IMG_2181-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

Last week for our FHE activity we planted some chia seeds to see if they would grow. Here Brett is showing us how they are growing so big:

IMG_2209-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

I got a haircut on Saturday and I really like it. The lady who did it was awesome and I had such a great time visiting with her about so many great things! I even got to share a Book of Mormon with her (the first one I have ever shared!)

IMG_2217-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

Alana loves to suck on peoples hands, she got hold of Brett’s thumb one day:

IMG_2204-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

We played with the camera on Sunday afternoon. It was too bright for great pictures but it was a lot of fun to be outside in the pretty weather!

IMG_2354-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

IMG_2317-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

IMG_2295-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

IMG_2252-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

IMG_2236-2014-04-14-12-59.JPG

1 comment:

  1. You were the one that made that kit-kat cake!? That was was so darling! It went high too!

    ReplyDelete