Several months ago my sister and I planned a little reunion in May at my parents house. Jared got a promotion and couldn’t come and we ended up cutting our trip a little short for the sake of Sean’s study and also because we were looking for a new van. It was a lovely trip though and although i was a little horrified about how traveling with 2 kids in our tiny mazda protege would go, it all went very smooth. I want to do some more wordy kid and family updates soon, but today will mostly be a picture dump from our time in utah.
Alana enjoys chewing on Papa Z’s breakfast:
Milk, Mickey, and a Lightning shirt-heaven for Brett!
Alana with Grandma Z. Beautiful Ruths!
After visiting Grandma Z, we went to the zoo to have lunch with Mom. My dad had to wear a University of Utah hat because he forgot to bring one and ended up borrowing one of my Grandpa’s old ones. It felt like Grandpa was there =)
Brett was very pleased with his breadstick lunch!
Poor guy was so tired and didn’t quite understand the waiting in line thing for the carousel (we’ll have to work on that before Disneyland!)
Coloring with dousing Kaity. These two love each other so much and had a great time playing together for 3 days straight!
Snuggling with Papa Z. We were driving somewhere on Monday and my dad was in a different car from us. When we were getting out of the car, Brett looked at Sean and said “I like my Papa with the mustache”. It was very sweet!
Gorgeous cousin girls!
My mom bought Alana some arrowroot cookies which she LOVED!
Alana was very happy to bond with family:
She enjoyed eating Papa’s diet coke bottle:
She spent lots of time dancing with Aunt Sam:
My dad will probably kill us for letting them do this to his lawn:
I said kiss and these next 3 pictures show what happened. It was hilarious.
Brett helped Papa clean the fish tank:
Alana got lots of snuggles with her grandma:
Best picture of all 3 kids:
I wanted to take some pictures of Kaity and Brett butted in =) He’s a cute little photo bomber though and he made Kaity laugh =)
We went to this amazing new children’s museum at Thanksgiving Point called the museum of curiosity. It was by far the best I have ever ever seen and I can’t wait to go back. If we ever live near it I am buying a membership! Here is the hurricane simulator:
They had a water table with built in seats for babies!
They had a jungle rope course which was a ton of fun:
This machine measured how much pressure you can squeeze. I got 95, Sean got 147, and my dad got 200. An average python can get 2000!
There was an entire room filled with these blocks to build with:
A little grocery store area:
There was a little city section that we didn’t get to play in but it had a bubble room and a tinker toy room and a cinema room and a garden station and a puppet theater and a Zion’s bank (did you know my dad works at Zions?) There was also an entire garden outdoor section that we didn’t see at all. I’m telling you, AMAZING museum!
We did lots of other fun things too like visit kneaders, shop for shorts, test drive Sam’s new car, attend church, have lasagna, visit, watch the OUAT season finale and see Kaity squeal with glee when Elsa came on, and lots of other awesome things!

Amazing museum! Totally fun grand- and great grandparents, aunt, and cousin! Where was Elroy? Loved the dramatic kissing scene!
ReplyDelete