Monday, May 26, 2014

Brett

Our Mr. Brett is now 3 months away from his 3rd birthday! He is so grown up, opinionated, mischievous, and sweet. Here are a few other random facts about him:

*Brett is potty-trained (more on that later!)

*He wears size 2 T pants and size 3T shirts

*He can undress himself

*He still loves milk and drinks 4-5 cups a day (it would be a lot more if I would let him)

*Brett’s newest obsession is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

*He loves to help in the kitchen especially if it means he can lick the brownie battered spoons!

*He loves play dough and painting

*He recognizes all his uppercase letters and knows lots of the sounds

*He knows colors, shapes, and numbers to 9. He can count to 20 although he misses a teen or two along the way.

*He doesn’t take naps anymore =( We usually get him to nap about once a week.

*He is an extremely loving and caring big brother! He loves to bring Alana toys and he loves to make her laugh. He always tries to make sure her binkie is in her mouth and he really likes to feed her a bottle.

*Brett loves to imitate other kids! This applies to Alana too which means when I am nursing Alana he is trying to lay on top of her! I gave him a bottle for his Mickey Mouse stuffed animal and he will sometimes agree to feed Mickey while I feed Alana. Sometimes he even pretends to nurse Mickey =)

*His imagination is amazing! Everything is a game and he has so many ideas about how things work.

*He has an imaginary friend named Shadow and an imaginary Baby named Ding Dings. He told me that his belly went down down down and Ding Dings came out.

*He loves friends and wants to play with other kids all the time!

Last Wednesday was Potty Day at our house. Sean and I had decided that Brett needed to work on being Potty Trained. He showed lots of signs that he was ready and I was getting tired of washing his sheets everyday because his diaper would leak every night! We wrote down that Wednesday was potty day and talked to Brett about how he was going to go on the potty and wear underware, he was really hesitant and just wanted his diaper. On Wednesday morning Sean made potty day sound really really exciting and Brett put on some under ware. It was a hard morning as he learned, but once I just had him go without any pants or under ware he really got it. By evening he wasn’t have accidents anymore even with his pants on. he hasn’t had an accident since Thursday! He still wears a diaper at night although he isn’t leaking out of it anymore! We are just working on asking for help getting cleaned up after pooping and washing our hands each time we use the bathroom. I am incredibly proud of him! He earned a new bike by learning to use the potty. I expected it to take weeks but I will gladly take 1 day!

IMG_3777-2014-05-26-08-11.JPGIMG_1218-2014-05-26-08-11.jpgIMG_1162-2014-05-26-08-11.JPGIMG_1153-2014-05-26-08-11.JPGIMG_1109-2014-05-26-08-11.jpgIMG_2925-2014-05-26-08-11.jpgIMG_2897-2014-05-26-08-11.JPGIMG_2932-2014-05-26-08-11.JPGIMG_2972-2014-05-26-08-11.jpgIMG_3038-2014-05-26-08-11.JPGIMG_3130-2014-05-26-08-11.JPGIMG_3197-2014-05-26-08-11.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Looking at the photos gives you a great idea of how his days go--the imaginative play that's at the core, time with family (especially Lana), chocolate milk!, and being on the go! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete