Friday, June 6, 2014

Francesco Tamale

So the wonderful Sienna that we have been using for the past 3 years needed to be replaced. When we moved to New Mexico, Mom and Dad P had an extra car and generously decided we could use it. With its 175000 miles and upcoming repairs we felt like it was time to replace it with something that could get us through residency. We have recently looked at our budget, and residency won’t really be a step up in living arrangements for us, in fact it may be more difficult because we won’t be able to borrow a little extra on the loans if needed. So we started a search for a new van. And by we, I mean Sean. Sean found this awesome little dealership owned by a very honest and kind man. He was selling a 2010 Kia Sadonna that had 45000 miles. We went and test drove it and we were very impressed. It rides just like the Sienna. It took us about 2 weeks to decide that we really wanted that van. We were on vacation in Utah so it was nice to discuss different things with my dad too. We got all our finances in order and bam, we bought a car! It was very exciting!!
Here is the last photo of the Sienna =( We will miss you!IMG_3195-2014-06-6-14-09.JPG
When I told Brett we were getting a new car, he said we should name it Francesco. Sean suggested Mia the Kia or MiKIA Mouse. But Brett wanted Francesco. My dad suggested Hot Tamale which Sean’s dad liked for the New Mexico ness of it. So the name became Francesco Tamale. The funny thing is that Brett says the car doesn’t have a name now because it has lights, whatever that means?
IMG_1215-2014-06-6-14-09.JPG
Alana usually only sleeps for a half hour in the day time and she unexpectedly took a 2 hour nap the other day which meant she had soaked through her diaper by the time I got her. So we were changing clothes and she just looked so cute, so this happened:
IMG_3863-2014-06-6-14-09.jpg
I think we may be in trouble, she is really really pretty!
IMG_3864-2014-06-6-14-09.JPG
Love the stained old carpet backdrop!
IMG_3893-2014-06-6-14-09.JPG
BFFs
IMG_3909-2014-06-6-14-09.JPG
We went to the temple yesterday and when I was talking to Sean about the movie there, Brett overheard us and asked if we got to have some popcorn. I told him that’s a good idea and we should suggest that to Pres. Monson=)
Sean is taking his Step 2 Board exam today! He has worked really hard studying for it!
I watched Star Wars Episode 3 for the first time and loved it and I have lots of dreams about potty training=)
So there’s our fascinating update.

No comments:

Post a Comment