The night before the birthday we decorated the house so that when the little man woke up he would be greeted by birthday festivities right away. Sean didn’t have to be to work till 9, so we made strawberry muffins and woke up Brett with a chorus of Happy Birthday.
Brett loved the balloons:
He was also very excited about the pile of presents:
He got a candle in his muffin =)
I had originally thought it would be fun to go to the Botanical Gardens for the morning but it was rainy so we headed over to the mall in Rio Rancho. Brett and Alana rode the carousel and the little car ride. We also looked in the Build and Bear and Disney Store. I packed a little lunch for us to eat at the mall. Brett had requested breadsticks so we bought two 99 cent breadsticks and had a little feast with our grapes and fig bars and veggie straws (cheap and delicious=) We all had a great time and we were sad to leave.
Since it was rainy we got to wear jackets which I was really excited about! I love fall clothes =)
I have a feeling they will look similar to this when Brett is 16!
Alana had her first ride on a carousel horse:
We came home and Brett and I set up for the party =)
I should have written the food signs with sharpie instead of pen because you can’t see them in the pictures but I was so proud of my names =) We had spare car window cheese and crackers, Fillmores organic berries, spare tire chocolate doughnuts, rusteaze apple juice, carrots and axle grease ranch dip, luigis pizza, and Piston Cup cakes.
Before the guests arrived I was trying to get the kids to eat some snacks =)
The kids were too young for this game but they all had fun putting a sticker on the poster =)
Alana really didn’t like the hat and my Grandma would kill me for having a bow under it anyway since she thinks Alana does’t need bows:
We had 6 kids including Brett and Alana:
This is Mater’s tow cable fishing game, the kids fished for different puzzle pieces to make a lightning McQueen:
This game was Casa Della Tires. The kids tried to stack as many “tires” as they could. Mostly they just ate them =)
Alana was pretty dainty about it. The little boy in the background was darling and ate as many as he could get his hands on!
Brett did really good at stacking them:
The fourth game was the Worlds best Backward Racer. The kids had to race backwards but since we had so many babies they mostly crawled =) We finished the games, ate dinner, opened presents from family, then had cupcakes. It was a great party!
My friend Tiffani just moved into our complex and Brett loves hanging out with baby Yoshi and Tiffani pretty much every day! Alana smiles pretty big when she sees Yoshi, I think she has a crush!
And then on Saturday this little girl turned 9 months old! I didn’t take any pictures of her on Saturday since I had an awful stomach bug (which meant we had to postpone the rest of Brett’s birthday festivities) =( Here is one
from a week ago when she woke up from her nap with a seriously awesome handprint on her face =)

I didn't know Tiffani moved places! Cool that they are so close to you now!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had lots of fun!! Loved the photo of Jennie with Lana on the carousel--and the one of both kids in the car driving around. What great games you found--our favorite looks like the tire stack with the chocolate doughnuts. =-)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are too much fun! I'm coming to visit for my b-day :) I seriously can't get over what a cute family you have and what an amazing mom you are!
ReplyDelete