Thursday, August 21, 2014

And then he turned 3!

So once upon a time I was waiting and waiting and waiting to have Brett and now he is 3! And what an eventful, fun, entertaining, blessed 3 years it has been. Brett has taught me so much about what it means to be Christlike. He is so kind and compassionate and loving. He accepts me no matter what, and teaches me to accept others. Being a mother is a thousand times harder than I ever thought it would be and it’s also a million times more rewarding. Thanks Mr. Brett for helping me to learn and grow as a mom! I love being your friend and protector and mommy!
So here are a few fun things about Brett as he turns 3:
He weighs 33 lbs
He is 39 3/4 inches tall (95%)
He wears 3 T clothes (although most of his pants are still 2T because he is really skinny)
He is potty trained
He is currently horrified of using public restrooms which is really really frustrating
He still LOVES cars!
He also loves his castle, train, puzzles, playdoh, sandbox, blocks, pretend cooking, and doing anything with his sister.
He loves spending time with friends!
He calls Alana “Non” or “Noneenon” or “da coconut taker” ??
He loves croutons with ranch dressing and ice cream cones and cake. He also loves strawberries with whipped cream and apples sprinkled with sugar =)
He enjoys Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Daniel Tiger, Thomas, and Cars
He is feisty and emotional and opinionated and loud and adorable and I love him so so much!
I could go on and on but I won’t =) Here are some fun pictures from his 3 year old photo shoot which I got to do this year with my nice camera=)
IMG_5061-2014-08-21-13-16.JPG
In this next picture he was trying to show me “3” on his hand:
IMG_5134-2014-08-21-13-16.JPG
Sad shadows, but the hands in the pockets are so cute!
IMG_5146-2014-08-21-13-16.jpg
IMG_5162-2014-08-21-13-16.JPG
IMG_5033-2014-08-21-13-16.JPG
IMG_5109-2014-08-21-13-16.JPG
IMG_5049-2014-08-21-13-16.jpg
IMG_5045-2014-08-21-13-16.JPG
And here is his year in review movie for this past year. I love making these movies and remembering all the fun we had over the past year! Its especially fun to see how Brett changed with the birth of Alana. Watching him become a big brother is so adorable:


 In case you missed year 1 and 2 here they are:

3 comments:

  1. Jennie, you are so talented! The photos are fantastic and the movie is a treasure! I think my favorite is when he's tickling Alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video! I may have to do that when we have kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea I got the idea from an old college roomie and we just love it! Brett loves watching them and it makes home videos so much more fun to watch =)

      Delete