Saturday, January 31, 2015

Alana Ruth:14 months and why we can't adopt a dog

My baby is getting so big! I realized yesterday that I haven’t really blogged about her development lately and wanted to record some fun things about her right now. She is hilarious! I thought/think Brett is hilarious too, maybe its just me, but they are just so darn cute!!
Alana loves to play with Brett. She follows him around and tries to do things just like he does. She likes to eat when he does, brush her teeth when he does, accompany him to the bathroom, and play with the toys that he is playing with. That being said, she is very independent. She really likes to do things on her own and is very creative in her play. She will often start a game by herself and Brett is the one mimicking her.
Alana loves to make faces. She just thinks its so funny. I can’t really describe them but we call them the squinty eye face and the clenched jaw face. We all especially like to make faces at dinner and everyone joins in and laughs.
Alana loves loves books! She really can’t get enough! Her very favorite right now is Dear Zoo ( a gift from Natalie’s mom =)) She just loves all the animals and the flaps. I find the kids reading books all the time.
From all the fun books as well as some of our little people toys and stuffed animals, Alana has been learning lots of animal sounds. Her favorite is a doggy which she makes by doing a little tiny squeak, but mostly sticking her tongue out like a dog would. She will also growl like a lion, hiss like a snake, and shake her head back and forth for an elephant. She thinks the frogs ribbit is hilarious but doesn’t know how to make that noise yet. She also knows what a clock is and that it says tick tock. I can’t wait to take her to the zoo when it gets a little warmer!
The words she says frequently are: mama (nana), Brett (det), that/this (det), fish (sh), clock (ck). I have also heard her say Dada and dog.
She really loves dogs a lot. It is her favorite animal to look at in books, to see on walks, and to imitate with her tongue out. She loves Brett’s stuffed dog a lot and I am looking to find her a cute stuffed doggy for valentines day. Brett has followed her obsession with dogs and tried to convince me the other night that we need a real dog. He told me he wants a black one with white stripes. I told him they cost a lot of money and that we don’t have room for one (I didn’t mention that I don’t want to clean up the poop, pay the veterinarian, vacuum up the fur, potty train, night train, or take care of any animal right now) His solution was very simple, “just look it up online Mommy!” Oh dear, he already thinks we can solve anything by finding it on the internet =) They will have to suffer without a real canine friend for now. Perhaps after we move and if we have a yard.
Back to Alana =) She still isn’t walking! Brett didn’t walk till 14.5 months and I think she may take even longer. She really hasn’t had much interest. She has stood on her own a couple times and walks around just holding one of our hands, but she seems to like crawling just fine. Her feet are pretty small and I was wondering if maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe she’s just too busy learning about animals to be bothered with walking.
She still loves her milk and her bottle, but she now only gets three bottles a day and has water the rest of the time. Just yesterday I switched her water to a sippy and she is completely fine with that, but if I try to put milk in a sippy she looks at me like I am insane! She loves to eat cheerios with milk and a little hazelnut coffee creamer for breakfast. She also enjoys banana-strawberry-carrot smoothies. She likes most foods unless they are green. She enjoys feeding herself yogurt. I think her favorite food is either spaghetti or macaroni. She is a really good eater lately.
Alana is finally sleeping through the night. She sleeps from 7pm-6:40ish am. She takes one 2-2.5 hour nap a day. She wears size 4 diapers and 12 month clothes. She loves her bows and her necklace and enjoys snuggling and throwing her dolls and stuffed animals. She loves cars and little people and pretend food. She is really good at scratching he face after she's had her nails clipped.  She loves to stand on a chair in the kitchen and help me cook and she understands very well about licking batter off a spoon.
Now for some fun pictures =)
IMG_1837-2015-01-31-20-16.JPGIMG_1842-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1843-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1883-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1899-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1903-2015-01-31-20-16.JPGIMG_8605-2015-01-31-20-16.JPGIMG_8602-2015-01-31-20-16.JPGIMG_1897-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1888-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1879-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1872-2015-01-31-20-16.JPG
This was like a 6am selfie of Alana and I!  I was so tired =)
IMG_1869-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1863-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1858-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1850-2015-01-31-20-16.jpgIMG_1840-2015-01-31-20-16.jpg

1 comment: