Saturday, February 7, 2015

Ear infections all around

Brett was diagnosed with a double ear infection on Tuesday and Alana with a viral buy and an ear infection on Thursday. They are both taking antibiotics and seem to be feeling a lot better. I even took them to the zoo this morning and we all had a fun time. I found myself feeling so grateful for modern medicine, comfortable beds, clean blankets, and a washing machine this week! Alana and Brett have been enjoying playing with cars, trains, balls, little people, and books this week. They are particularly taken with whatever book has animals in it. We even went to the park yesterday for a short time and they had so much fun playing in the sand and sun! Sean is working in the Emergency Room this month. His shifts are all over the place and he worked 2 nights this past week. He has gotten some interesting patients working nights in Bernalillo County =) Luckily this rotation has lots of great learning opportunities and he only has to work 14 8-hour shifts. He has also been working on a new composition for Mr. Brett. It has been so much fun to watch and listen to him work on it. Its a beautiful song and fits our little man so perfectly. I have been doing an 8 week health challenge. I am just finishing my 2nd week. Its been hard to record everything I eat and to make sure I am getting all my fruits and veggies and water in. I think the hardest part is only getting dessert once a week! Last night I had some chocolate lava cake with ice cream, caramel,nuts, and toffee on top! It was pretty heavenly. I’ve been drinking banana, strawberry, carrots, and yogurt every morning:
IMG_1889-2015-02-7-14-36.jpg
Sean and I have been dreaming about what kind of place we will get to rent when we move for residency. We(mostly me) have spent lots of time looking up different housing options. We are excited to find out where we match so we can start making plans for moving and such. I think our excitement just gets escalated when things go wrong in our current place. We actually really love our apartment. It has been a great place to call home for almost 4 years! Its just getting a little small for us especially since a family of roaches moved in about 4 months ago! Our management is great and they have really helped us to battle things out with the bugs. Its just so gross and makes us all so unhappy. Its a little bit of a jab to my pride too since I try so hard to keep our house clean! I love the winters in Albuquerque, but I will gladly trade the roaches of NM for some snow. You can all remind me of that when I am complaining about snow next winter! Or maybe I won’t be because maybe we will match to NM-who knows??? Alana and Brett have been enjoying playing with cars, trains, balls, little people, and books this week. They are particularly taken with whatever book has animals in it. Now for some pictures: Alana’s fever got to 103.5 at one point! Poor girl spent 3 days laying on me or Sean just like this:
  IMG_1925-2015-02-7-14-36.jpg
I tried some pigtails this week. It was very very cute but didn’t stay in very well=)
IMG_8614-2015-02-7-14-36.JPG
IMG_8615-2015-02-7-14-36.JPG
Brett picked out a new car from Grandpa and Grandma Z while waiting for his RX and Alana picked out a puppy dog.
  IMG_1910-2015-02-7-14-36.jpgIMG_1909-2015-02-7-14-36.jpg
We went and had lunch with Daddy at the hospital this week. IMG_1908-2015-02-7-14-36.JPG
Our valentine mailboxes=) IMG_1907-2015-02-7-14-36.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment