Friday, August 21, 2015

Happy Birthday Brett!

I am thinking tonight about what I was doing 4 years ago tonight. It was a Sunday evening and I was sitting on my couch in Albuquerque watching House Hunters on Hulu on our Mac computer (since we didn’t have a TV yet). Sean was at a ward mission meeting and I remember texting him that I wanted him to come home because I was starting to have some pretty painful contractions. He came home and Mom P arrived a little while later. The contractions calmed down and we all went to bed, I laid in bed and played Solitaire on Sean’s Ipad. I finally tried going to sleep but the contractions were coming pretty regularly and getting stronger. I didn’t want to wake Sean because he had a huge test the next day. Around 11:30 he woke up and found me hunched on the floor groaning. We decided to head to the hospital =) I got an epidural and slept great the rest of the night. Sean and Mom P didn’t get much rest. Sean finished Final Fantasy on the iPad. He left me the next morning to go take his Anatomy practical exam and we prayed Baby Brett wouldn’t make an appearance while he was gone. He came back with plenty of time and Brett was born that afternoon. At the time I remember feeling like I couldn’t really record his birth story because it was just so sacred. When I think back now I really wish I had written my feelings down because I am sure I have forgotten a lot about those first precious moments with him. Brett has been such a blessing in our lives these last 4 years. Being a mother has helped me to grow in ways I didn’t know were possible. Brett has helped me to develop more love, more patience, and more pride (the good kind, like when you are proud of someone). The last 6 months have been extremely difficult as he has been going through lots of changes with our move to Utah and developing more opinions and emotions, but it is so fun to see him come through this hard time with growth and happiness. He is a smart, sweet, opinionated, stubborn, loving, handsome, spiritual little man and I am so so grateful to be his mommy! Here are some pics from his 4 year old photo shoot, some shots from his “birth” day, as well as his annual movie! IMG_1185-2015-08-21-21-01.jpgIMG_0810-2015-08-21-21-01.JPGIMG_0873-2015-08-21-21-01.JPGIMG_1256-2015-08-21-21-01.jpgIMG_1231-2015-08-21-21-01.jpgIMG_1130-2015-08-21-21-01.jpgIMG_1183-2015-08-21-21-01.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Brett! Always love seeing the video Jennie you do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete