Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Halloween and all the updates in between =)

When we lived in Albuquerque our computer was in the dining room which was also the kitchen and the front room. I could also see and hear everything in the entire house from sitting in that one spot. It made doing things on the computer like blogging and such a lot more easy. I find myself getting so much more behind now that our computer is in an upstairs office which is two floors away from ours and the kids bedrooms. Oh well! Sean finished up his surgery rotation last month and gladly moved back to Obstetrics. He had lots of great experiences seeing different surgeries and doing some procedures and injections himself, but he just isn’t a big fan of surgery. He likes OB quite a lot and enjoys working at one of the low income clinics the most. They have lots of patients and not enough doctors so he gets to see patients without other doctors breathing down his neck. He was able to be in on several deliveries last week and got 2 more yesterday. He needs a total of 40 to meet requirements for residency and I think he’s at 22 or something like that. He has been preparing for the Choir’s Christmas performance, which is a treat for all of us because we get to hear him practice the songs. Sean has also been working on his Christmas stocking. We decided to do these ridiculously fancy stocking the year Brett was born and have gotten Bretts and mine done. Sean’s has been in progress for a year and a half and he has been working faithfully to get it done for the holiday. I think I will probably let Alana use mine this year, and then of course we will add another baby to the mix.

 I recently started walking again which has been really great for me mentally. Its amazing what a little exercise can do for your mood. It doesn’t hurt that I’ve been rematching Downton Abbey while I do it and have made a rule that I can watch it unless I exercise. Its super motivating for me =) We’ve been focusing on lots of fall comfort food lately too which has made for easy cooking since we haven’t been trying any new recipes. You really can’t go wrong with lasagna, meat loaf, and spaghetti. I got to take some photos of a great family last weekend and am loving getting to experiment with photography. Its really fun and fulfilling. Sean is so supportive of me doing it! I spend my days running Brett to and from preschool, cleaning our never ending mess, and trying to keep the kids from killing each other. I am now nearly 19 weeks pregnant and find out next Wednesday the gender of this sweet little baby inside me, yay!!!

 Brett is a number machine! That boy has learned so so much in preschool so far. He’s like a sponge and soaks everything up! He is constantly asking me about numbers, especially while we are driving. He watching for all the road signs and tells me how fast I am supposed to go and drives me crazy by asking what numbers are bigger and asking for help counting to 100. Its really amazing though to hear how well he understands the numbers. He is also learning so much about letters and sounds and loves showing us what he has learned in school. Brett still loves Star Wars and was the cutest Jedi Luke for Halloween I have ever seen. He runs around the house playing lightsabers. He also asks me to turn on Star Wars music, especially the Imperial March and he runs around the couch like crazy. I should put my Fitbit on that kid! He loves to play with Elroy the puppy and spends much of his days laying next to Elroy and talking sweetly to him. He loves Lana’s nap time because he gets iPad and TV time. He loves Cinderella FreeFall, Sonic Racing, and Angry Birds Star Wars. He is getting really excited to go to Disneyland and can’t wait to ride Star Tours. He is also excited for Alana’s birthday and Christmas.

 Alana is getting so big! I was watching her walk down the stairs tonight and thinking about how she fell down the stairs the first week we were here. She is just growing so quickly and leaning so much. This week she has started to string 3 or more words together. She was telling us about how she was hiding under the table at dinner tonight and she loves telling anyone who will listen about her days. She loves nursery and playing with friends. She loves to take naps! I recently let her pick out a brand new blanket from Costco. She picked a big fluffy Frozen themed one and she is so giddy to use it every time she gets to sleep. Alana constantly amazes me with her ability to love! She gives the best hugs and snuggles and loves to give kisses right on the lips =) She also loves to share with friends and her brother, although she is starting to fight back when Brett tries to take advantage of her. She loves “aminals” as she likes to call them and could ride a carousel all day long. She is addicted to crystal light and calls it jus. She also loves “faffles” and asks for them every morning. I never thought I would be ok with making waffles every single morning for breakfast. Her birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I can tell she is about to be 2. She talks about her birthday all the time and wants hats and cake and candles to blow out. Now for some pictures! I am always grateful to have taken pictures because I forget all the fun things we do and its a lot easier to remember
 Cousin Kaity came to visit and Alana loved snuggling to another girl!
  thumb_IMG_3536_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
Jedi Brett
  thumb_IMG_3537_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
We made mummy hot dogs for dinner on Halloween night
thumb_IMG_3573_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
Cutest Luke and puppy ever! These two got some great candy and had so much fun going from house to house.
  thumb_IMG_3580_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
thumb_IMG_3582_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
thumb_IMG_3588_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
After we got home they both collapsed on the couch and partook of some of their goodies
thumb_IMG_3590_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
We went to Boo at the Zoo when Kaity was here
  thumb_IMG_1637_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
I loved Kaity’s Honey Lemon costume!
thumb_IMG_1647_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpgthumb_IMG_1648_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpgthumb_IMG_1654_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpgthumb_IMG_1655_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpgthumb_IMG_1664_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpgthumb_IMG_1708_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
 Alana put my fuzzy socks on one morning and I thought she looked like an 80’s girl, also this is one of my favorite outfits on her =)
thumb_IMG_3594_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
These 2 love to have light saber battles:
thumb_IMG_3533_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
Brett had his primary program and did a great job. He was really tired and ended up sobbing through the first song so Sean went and sat next to him. He did a great job with his part, which was to say Repent.
  thumb_IMG_3538_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpgthumb_IMG_3541_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
Alana’s hair is getting so long!
  thumb_IMG_3598_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
Brett fell asleep on the couch this week which he never does. He woke up grumpy and had a hard time getting to sleep, oh well!
thumb_IMG_3601_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg
It snowed yesterday and my little Green Chili babies were so excited to run out and play in the snow!
thumb_IMG_3604_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg thumb_IMG_3600_1024-2015-11-11-20-32.jpg

1 comment: