We didn’t really choose a theme for her party, but her cake was a giraffe cake since thats her favorite animal.
Last Christmas Brett decided to give Alana his little Scout dog. Recently it got pulled out of the bottom of the toy bin and Brett wanted it back. He wanted Scout to be his and say his name, Alana was sad about it because she loves the songs and noises this toy makes. Brett and I decided that he could get her a Violet Dog for her birthday. Brett was so excited to go to the store and pick it out. He helped me plug it into the computer to teach it Alana’s name and favorites and he helped hide it and wrap it. It was so sweet to watch them when he gave her the gift. They have a lot of fun playing with Scout and Violet together now.
Sean and I got Alana a new baby doll and a cradle. She also got lollipops, clipper dolls, accessories for her baby, Repunzel shoes and a purse, books, a pony, clothes, pajamas, and many other things that I am surely forgetting. She loved it all and all the kids enjoyed playing together. Alana got all the kids a grabber toy as a party favor.
We had leftover cake on her actual birthday =)
The kids did some T-25 with Daddy one Saturday morning =) Alana is the most flexible person I have ever seen!
Sean was on call for a delivery on Thanksgiving this year and the gal was actually due on Thanksgiving day. He got a call at about 1 that morning saying her water had broken. He was able to admit her from home and just headed off to the hospital about 7 to see how she was doing. He came back home saying she was hardly progressed at all and I was a little sad because that meant he probably would miss some part of dinner or dessert. When he got home, I had a little nap on the couch and Brett joined me =)
I finally got up and we decided to get ready. Sean got a call that the lady was at a 9 so he headed off to the hospital and we got ready and got out Grandpa and Grandmas tree while watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was excited that she was ready to push so early in the morning since her labor could have taken a lot longer.
Our dinner was at 2 at my Aunt and Uncle’s house in West Valley. Luckily baby was born and Sean was able to finish up at the hospital and meet us at my Aunts for dinner. It was a lovely dinner with lots of delicious food and fun conversation. We stayed until about 4:30 then we headed off to Vineyard to have pie with Neil and Rebecca. Brett and Alana were so so excited to see their cousins! Alana enjoyed the ride down for a little rest =)
We ate tons of pie and carrots with ranch and played a fun game of charades. Alana especially chowed down on the carrots and Brett enjoyed playing Star Wars on the Wii with Kaden.
On Friday, Sean needed to go round on his patients so we decided to go with him and wander around the hospital. I like that he could just wear jeans and put his white coat over the top =)
We went home and set up our tree and Christmas decor. We also left the kids with Grandpa and Grandma to do a little Black Friday shopping.
Sean worked feverishly to finish his stocking and we have started Alana’s, but I don’t think it will be done by Christmas so she’ll get to use mine again this year.
We also had some great news that our sweet little baby is growing well! She is healthy and right on track to arrive around April 8th. She is a Girl and we are so excited! I bought her some new bows, and a toy, and some new jammies. We are still considering names. We like Elizabeth Jean, Lizzie Jean, and Zaelie Jean. I feel her move every day now which makes me so happy!
20 week bump=)

The giraffe cake is so cute!
ReplyDelete