Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter and Ear Infections

We like youtube videos. During one of Alana’s naps, Brett and I were watching some of our favorite My Cupcake Addiction when we came across a new cake maker lady named Yolanda. Her show is called How to Cake it and Brett and Alana (and me too) are all obsessed. Brett loves watching what she makes and then telling me that we should make it too. Since Yolanda spends like 10 hours on every cake, I don’t think we will be recreating her creations any time soon. Brett was having fun pretending to make a cake with play dough the other day though. He spent about an hour on this beauty =)

  thumb_IMG_4412_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
Alana and I try to figure out ways to snuggle, she gets mad at my belly and I get frustrated with her for wiggling so much. Every now and again though we get really comfy!
  thumb_IMG_4416_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
My mom recently got a bird feeder for the tree in our backyard. There are so so many birds back there now and the kids were really excited when we found these bird feeders for $3 at Target. They had so much fun painting them and then filling them with seed and putting them in the tree outside.
  thumb_IMG_4418_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
Brett and Alana like to help me vacuum. This is the newest edition of their pretend vacuums. Brett said they need the real lightsaber for the noise =)
  thumb_IMG_4421_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
For Saint Patricks Day we made lucky charm marshmallow treats and these fun rainbow crafts. I still never really explained anything about what St. Pattys Day is, and Brett was especially confused. I don’t really get why we celebrate it, but I didn’t want to be a lame mom. The kids also LOVE crafts lately =)
  thumb_IMG_4432_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
We call this Alana’s Spice Girl hair. thumb_IMG_4431_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
Naps are hard right now. This little lady doesn’t like to take them and will only do it 2-3 times a week if I lay down in Brett's bed until she falls asleep. Around 5:00 every day she starts to crash. She loves to snuggle to Grandma and Grandma loves to snuggle to her, so this worked out well. thumb_IMG_4434_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
My sister and niece drove down from Boise for their Spring Break. We had so much fun playing together. On Tuesday, the kids played together and then we went to Crown Burger with my Grandma and Mom. After lunch, we went to Target where Grandma bought the kids new shirts, sunflower plants, and bird houses. It was lots of fun!
  thumb_IMG_4439_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
That afternoon Brett and Kaity disappeared and this is where we found them=)
thumb_IMG_4441_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
On Tuesday night, Sam brought out her new Jamberry nails and did 2 of Alana’s nails and 2 of Brett's toes. What a cool Aunt! She also taught us to play a fun new game called Sushi Go.
  thumb_IMG_4443_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
I love this picture of Brett getting his pedicure =)
thumb_IMG_4449_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
I ordered this name for Lizzie and wanted Sam’s help with it. She drew in the letters a little to provide some definition and bought the cute whale for the end. I painted the rest!
  thumb_IMG_4450_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
Poor Kaity woke up feeling pretty rotten on Wednesday and spent the day on the couch. My Mom was also feeling pretty yucky and spent the day in bed. I had an ear infection last week and we think Mom has a sinus infection. By Thursday night when Kaity’s fever was almost 103, Sean took a look in her ears and diagnosed her with an ear infection too. Yesterday Brett had a fever and woke up with a temp of almost 103 this morning too, so we took our very first trip as patients to Daddy’s clinic where Brett was diagnosed with…an ear infection =( Thank heavens for amoxicillin! On Wednesday, Kaity managed to muster enough energy to go to Zootopia with Grandpa. Seriously a darling movie! I liked it so much, Brett, Alana and I went back on Saturday morning so that Sean could see it too!
  thumb_IMG_4468_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
Even though Kaity and Mom were still feeling really sick on Thursday, we decorated cupcakes, dyed eggs, and had an Easter Egg hunt. I think dying the eggs was the most popular activity!
  thumb_IMG_3127_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3129_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3132_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3143_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3163_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3174_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
We did our egg hunt at my Grandma’s house and tried to get some good pics of the 2 cousins together. I love these 3 sweeties!
thumb_IMG_3197_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3208_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
Don’t you just love the way Alana likes to put her hands up when she smiles! Poor Kaity still wasn’t feeling great!
  thumb_IMG_3223_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
I love this one though!!
thumb_IMG_3248_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
We met with lots of family at the Olive Garden for dinner that night!
  thumb_IMG_4469_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
On Saturday we went to Zootopia in the morning and then to a new restaurant called Black Bear Diner for dinner, yum! Easter Sunday was lovely! Brett wasn’t feeling great, but was still very excited about his basket and new church clothes! Alana was giddy about everything and couldn’t wait to go to her class at church!
  thumb_IMG_3266_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3279_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpgthumb_IMG_3322_1024-2016-03-28-13-12.jpg
Baby Lizzie is due in 11 days! Hopefully she’ll come so soon! The doctor has offered to induce on Friday, but I haven’t decided what I want yet =)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your baby is due so soon! It looks like you had a fun Easter even though you, Brett, and Kaity have been sick.

    ReplyDelete