Alana likes me to push her so I trade my time pushing Alana, snuggling Lizzie, and running around getting stuff done.
Lizzie LOVES to have burp cloths and blankets up around her face, its really sweet!
Alana fights with me a lot about what to wear and how to do her hair and which feet her shoes go on. The result is always darling and only sometimes results in tears!
I mentioned in my last post that we went to the cemeteries on Saturday, here is a fun picture. On Memorial Day Sean had to work. He went in early and rounded on his patients then he was on call for any new admits through out the day. He had no clinic and didn’t want to just sit in the hospital so he went shopping then met the kids and I at my Aunt and Uncle’s house for a BBQ. The whole time we knew that he could be called away at any minute but we all stayed for 2+ hours and he never got a call! It was great to visit with family and watch Brett play with some of my cousins kids.
After we left the party the five of us headed over to Sean’s clinic. There is a big screen netflix capable tv there that we enjoyed. We watched the Minion Movie and Sean scavenged the doctors lounge for bread and jam for sandwiches. He didn’t get any calls while we were there. We finished our movie and “dinner” around 7 and Sean was on call till 9. He decided to head home with us knowing that if he got a call he’d have to turn around and do the 30 minute drive all over again. He never got called and we were all so excited!
This was Monday night and we were getting the truck on Wednesday night so we still had a lot to do to get ready. On Monday night, Sean and my Dad looked at our bed and figured out that it would not go up the stairs. They took it apart which is a great thing because there is no way it would have gotten up the stairs at our new house either! It didn’t take them too long and the kids thought it was so cool to wake up the next morning to me sleeping on a mattress on the floor.
Tuesday was Sean’s last day on service and he needed to work till 7. He was planning to meet our landlord for a walk through at 7:30 then he needed to get home so we could go clean the Temple. The house looked great and we got the keys. Sean came home and I had packed up tons of things. We went and cleaned the Temple from about 10-midnihgt. My favorite part was seeing the engineers office where there are tons of tools and security cameras. We came home and ate a midnight snack because we were starving, then went to bed. Sean had work on moving day, but he was switching to his Dermatology rotation which is much better hours. He brought a load of stuff over in the morning, then my mom, me and the kids brought over a van full of toys later in the day. Mom and I stopped at Costa Vida for lunch, Sams Club to buy a vacuum, and then headed back to her house for final packing. Brett's old preschool teacher offered to watch all three kids and the ward there showed up in huge numbers to help load our truck. Almost everything was in the garage and they got everything done in about a half hour. We weren’t sure how much help there would be at our new house, so 3 wonderful men came and helped unload as well! We were just so astonished by the kindness and love we felt!
Sean picked up the truck right after work and made it home in just enough time to eat a sandwich. Our truck had a picture of one of my old college roommates on the back!
We slept in West Jordan on Wednesday night because it seemed too complicated to try and get beds all set up so late in the night. Sean went to the new house to start putting together the bunk bed then went to work Thursday morning and I got the kids bathed and dressed. I let them watch Wild Kratts while I got the rest of the stuff packed up. I was just so impressed I was able to do it all by myself and the kids were just so agreeable!
I bought donuts to make that morning a little simpler =)
Me and the kids about to head out:
My mom and grandma came and helped us unpack the kitchen. They also helped with the kids a lot. Our new washer and dryer were coming that afternoon and I was so worried how they were going to fit it through the pile of boxes! My mom suggested they come through the back door which was BRILLIANT! Most of my kitchen things have been in my parents garage for a year so they all needed to be cleaned, I did so so so many dishes! The kids were angels, but they were pretty tired! I got them set up with a movie after lunch to try and help them get some rest.
I don’t think I mentioned that our swamp cooler wasn’t working yet and it was like 80 degrees in there! Alana fell asleep and I think she would have slept longer but I took her blanket off because here face got super red and she was sweating like crazy!
The kids played on the back patio for a bit until a worm fell on the table and scared them to death! Oh the joys of bugs in the great outdoors!
We worked and worked and then Sean got home around 3:30. You guys, he left at 3:25, the commute was heavenly!!!! He worked on getting the kids bunkbed put the rest of the way together. Here are the 4 of us watching him work =)
My Mom and Dad came and brought Costa Vida and McDonalds for dinner, then they went to work on putting together the rest of the bunk bed, our bed, and the kitchen table. We were so grateful for their help!
You can see that Brett has earned back his Star Wars bedding and in the last few days has earned back everythingI am so proud in the improvement in his attitude and behavior!
On Friday, Sean had work again, although the kids have been so confused why he is around more and they keep thinking it must be Saturday when they see him in the mornings. The combination of a way shorter commute and a much lighter rotation is heaven! The kids and I braved Costco together around 11. I had Brett and Alana both in the cart and Lizzie strapped to me in the bjorn. I filled my cart so full and spent $300 and I still didn’t get everything on my list. On the way out I bought the kids a smoothie and a hot dog and was having a hard time balancing everything especially since the paper towels were stacked so high I couldn’t see! It must have been such an amusing sight! This nice lady helped me to my car and I was so grateful! When Sean got home from work I went to smiths to buy more food! Its amazing how much you need to buy for a new home, especially when you sold lots of things to move then lived with family for a year!
On Friday night we put together Lizzie’s bed! Its the first time we’ve ever bought a crib and it was fun to set it up and have her play in it a little. She has taken 1 nap in it so far.
We went to our new ward last Sunday and felt so incredibly welcome! We even stayed for choir and performed with them today! Brett and Alana sat on the bench eating smarties and acting like perfect angels =)
We’ve spent lots of time outside playing with sand, squirting water, jumping on the tramp, and riding bikes with new friends. Lizzie just goes along with the flow. She is such a chill baby!
We have this great private patio with tons of shade, the only problem is the ridiculous amount of leaves that fall all the time! There are also lots of common green spaces and a giant tennis court area to ride bikes! You will notice in this next picture that Alana is not wearing pants and thats because we are half-heartedly potty training. We are trying something a little different and using pull ups. If she keeps them dry and pees in the potty she gets a sweedish fish. It has worked okay so far. I think tomorrow I need to try some panties.
We made rice crispies with fruity peoples, yum!!
One day we had been playing outside so much and the kids were really hot so I had them come in and turned on a you tube cake show while I got dinner started. Alana curled up on the floor and went to sleep, Lizzie fell asleep in her swing and Brett was almost asleep on his bean bag chair.
When it was time to wake Alana up for dinner, she was so so sad! I think she may have just stayed sleeping through the night if I would have let her.
Brett got up and helped me make the tortillas for dinner.
Lizzie Bee as Sean likes to call her is an extremely easy baby! She has been sleeping 6-7 hour stretches for weeks now. She basically goes to sleep around 9 pm, wakes up for an ounce or two around 4-5 AM then sleeps till 7 or 8. Its incredibly dreamy for us all! One night this last week she slept for 9.5 hours and woke up with this grin on her face! She LOVES to smile =)
On Friday, I bribed the kids to go to ikea with me with cinnamon rolls. I saw some shelves at my friends house that I really wanted and she got them at ikea so off we went. The kids were awesome and very much enjoyed their cinnamon rolls! When we got home I got out the screws and drill and screwdriver and measuring tape and level, and I put this shelves up!
Can you believe it! They are straight and even and sturdy! I am so proud of myself =)
Later on Friday night my parents came over and picked up the kids. We stuffed them into their backseat because we had cleared out our van so we could go pick up our couch. We drove up to Aunt Lucille’s and were able to get the couch out in about a half hour. It fit in the van perfectly! We then went to the Olive Garden for dinner. It was 7:30 before we even sat down and the kids were angels the entire time. It was such a contrast to last time we visited Aunt Lucille. The couch fits perfectly in our living room! Plus its a sleeper sofa so come visit!!
Here’s Lizzie in her new crib before she fell asleep for her first nap there.
She loves to snuggle things next to her face so here she is trying to contort her body so she can snuggle the sheet while she sleeps =)
I bought a fancy new hair wand thing to try something different. I like the look a lot, although I got a pretty horrible burn on my inner arm from the 450 degree curling wand!
Here’s our new couch!
Lizzie was looking cute as ever at Aunt Lucille’s.
Something weird is going on with these pictures, but I wanted to share anyway! My parents watched the kids last night while Sean and I went out to dinner and to see Big River at Hale Center Theater! It was so much fun to spend so much uninterrupted time together and to enjoy theater (one of our very favorite things!) Brett, Alana, and Lizzie had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa eating mac and cheese and brownies and watching Zootopia! They went to bed there and we went and picked them up after the play and brought them home to their beds.
After church today Brett learned to ride a 2 wheeler bike with no training wheels! He’s only 4! I was a lot older than that =)

No comments:
Post a Comment