Sunday, August 21, 2016

Happiest Birthday to my darling 5 year old!

The first time I held my Mr. Brett I was in love! I remember being in labor and pushing him into the world. I only had to push for about 30 minutes; and since he was 8 lbs 10 oz and he was my first, that was pretty amazing. When his head started to crown they told me I could reach down and feel his head if I wanted too. I remember touching him for the first time and feeling his warm head of hair and being completely and totally amazed at the power God has given us to create life! I never shared all of Brett’s birth story because at the time I just felt like it was so personal and sacred. I so wish I had written it down, but I do remember many things like the way his chin quivered and I was afraid he was cold, or how he hiccuped on his way out and messed with all the monitors. I remember how he immediately pooped all over me=) I remember feeling closer to Sean and Heavenly Father than I had ever felt. I have loved watching Brett grow over these past five years and I don’t know who has learned more.
thumb_IMG_0858_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpgthumb_IMG_0866_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpg
Brett is so smart! He loves math and art the best but he is learning to read and write words too. He is giddy about starting Kindergarten and soccer soon and still loves Star Wars and Zootopia. He loves to play more than anything, whether it be outside on his bike and scooter, or inside with pretend food and stuffed animals. He loves to play with friends, especially Alana. He adores Baby Lizzie and is such an amazing helper with her. He loves to read books and hear stories and rough house with daddy. He loves Elroy, and cousins, and swinging, and baking, and play dough, and climbing. His favorite colors are black and green and his favorite breakfast is cinnamon rolls. His favorite lunch is macaroni, and his favorite dinner is spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. He hates going shopping and having to wait for things.
We all adore Brett around here and couldn’t imagine our family without him!

thumb_IMG_4330_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpgthumb_IMG_4350_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpgthumb_IMG_4490_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpgthumb_IMG_5854_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpgthumb_IMG_4686_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpgthumb_IMG_6165_1024-2016-08-21-20-28.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment