Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The week after Moab

The week after vacation is always kinda busy, but this time it felt more busy than normal! On Monday morning Brett and Lizzie had well child checks and then in the afternoon we needed to get Brett registered for school. Brett had tumbling at 1:00, but I completely forgot about it. I felt really bad, and I’m sure I am only just starting the forgetful parent gig.

Lizzie had fun blowing bubbles before her appointment, she had no idea the shots were coming =( She did so well with the shots and only cried for a few minutes. I could tell later that day and the next day that she must not have been feeling very good because she wasn’t nearly as patient as she usually is with her siblings.

thumb_IMG_6443_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

Brett was VERY excited to get his shots. I think he forgot how much they hurt. He was really disappointed when he couldn’t get them on Monday because we didn’t have the proper record. We went in on Wednesday and he was a trooper, but he cried a lot!

thumb_IMG_6440_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

Cousin Lexi gave this little bike to Alana. Alana loves it and has learned really well how to peddle now!

thumb_IMG_6441_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

Brett has grown a ton, I should have put a ruler in the picture so you can see the scale.

thumb_IMG_6444_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

On Tuesday, Grandpa and Grandma came over for dinner. Brett excitedly told them all about the book we borrowed from NM called Mouse and the Motorcycle.

thumb_IMG_6446_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

Alana enjoyed more peddling:

thumb_IMG_6451_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

That Wednesday I helped my friend to a gender reveal picture shoot. It was really fun to see their expression and I felt so honored that I got to know the gender of baby even before the mom and dad! Lizzie transitioned to sleeping in her crib full time when we got back from Moab. She does great and wiggles all over that bed. Its not my favorite that her preferred method to sleep is face down.

thumb_IMG_6454_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6457_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

I would post more pics but I don’t have permission, so this will suffice for now =)thumb_IMG_5160_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

Sean and the kids came to the park with us for the gender reveal and Sean took this picture which he labeled #oncall. He loves being able to spend time with me and the kids even when he has to take calls from clinic, hospital service, and the rehab center.

thumb_IMG_2410_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

I don’t even remember what we did Thursday, but we were pretty tired after so much fun =)

On Friday, Sean’s office paid for him and a guest to come to Lagoon. We decided that since we had taken the kids earlier in the summer, it would be fun to go together and let the kids play with cousins. I drove the kids down to Neil and Rebecca’s and then headed back home to pick up Sean. We arrived at Lagoon at about 11:30 and rode a few different coasters before lunch. The clinic had a pavilion where they had hot dogs, vegetables, desserts, and drinks. It was all really yummy! We spent time wandering through the pioneer village there which is super cool! So much Utah history! We rode the flume ride then got ice-cream. We left about 4pm because we wanted to get back to Neil and Rebecca’s house in time for them to go to a swimming party with their ward.

thumb_IMG_2412_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

I can’t remember if I mentioned it in our last blog but we were a little concerned about one of our tires when we were in NM. The wobbling on the van continued to get worse. I had noticed it that morning when I drove the kids to Vineyard. I drove to Lagoon, so Sean didn’t really feel how bad it was. Sean had ordered new tires that morning and we were getting them replaced the following Wednesday. As he got in the car though we were discussing trying to get it done earlier. Sean was really concerned about how unsteady the car felt. Right as we were discussing switching cars in Holladay because we were concerned the tire wouldn’t get us to Vineyard, the tire blew. I got a refresher course in how to change a spare and we super appreciated a highway trooper who stopped to help us. As we were getting in the car to go, we couldn’t get the back door closed. We were just kinda staring at it when another roadside assistant vehicle drove up and fixed it for us. We drove home on our spare going 40 MPH on i-15. We switched to our other car and continued down to Neil and Rebeccas. I felt so bad that we were so much later than we said we would be, and that we all missed the swimming party. I was so grateful that the kids weren’t with us though, because they would have been so mad to have to sit in their car seats while the tire got fixed.

thumb_IMG_2414_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_2415_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_2417_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

I actually doubted it was possible, but all 5 of us fit in Captn Jack!! But we fit and it was really fun=) Lizzie especially loved getting to sit right next to Brett and Alana. I’m sure glad we don’t have to stuff into that car everyday though!

thumb_IMG_2422_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

On Saturday we arranged to get new tires on the kia, I got a new phone, and we went swimming.

The next week was lots of fun and much calmer! We took lots of naps, Lizzie tried rice cereal, we visited Grandma, planned Brett’s birthday party, and spent a bucket load at Costco! We did not buy one of those big bears pictured though =(

thumb_IMG_6459_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6471_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6462_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6464_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6466_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6469_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6476_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6472_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpgthumb_IMG_6473_1024-2016-08-30-14-53.jpg

Thats it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment