Thursday, April 13, 2017

Birthday Celebrations

I love seeing my kids use their imaginations!  Brett and Alana had made cars out of the pillows and blankets and were driving their stuffed animals to Disneyland=)
 On Conference Sunday we had the Elders over for dinner and Alana got along really well with Elder Narine who gave her a picture of Jesus.  She has since put it up on her shelf next to her bed.
 Alana has been really funny lately about clothes.  She has recently reached the developmental milestone where she likes to pick her own clothes and dress herself completely.  She has learned from Brett and I that the clothes go in the laundry bin in the bathroom; however she has also discovered that she can't wear them when they go into the laundry.  For awhile she kept putting her dirty clothes back in the drawers until Sean and I noticed and started giving her a more formal instruction.  She saw me put clothes in a basket to take down to the washer one day and concluded that clothes will get cleaner if you put them in the basket instead of the bin, so now I find her dirty clothes in a basket full of clean laundry or ironing.  We have been working on it.  I have her help me take the clothes out of the bin and take them down to the washer and assure her that I do laundry every Monday and Thursday=)  Tonight after her bath I still found last night pajamas in her drawer =)

Lizzie's first movie at the theater was Trolls and she LOVES the music.  So we decided to do a troll themed birthday party.  I made these fun troll hair headbands and matching tutus for the girls.

 The night before Lizzie's birthday I was holding her while she drank her bottle before bed and I just couldn't help but be amazed at her beauty and grace!  She is such a wonderful blessing and light in my life and to our entire family!

 Brett loves charts and lists and expectations.  He visited a friends house the other day and discovered this v-tech camera that he really wanted.  I told him he could earn it.  We set up a program where he could earn up to three gems a day for doing jobs like piano, reading, brushing teeth, etc; being kind to his sisters; and having a good attitude.  He needed to earn 50 gems in order to get his camera.  He earned it so we got it ordered and he and Alana were both really excited to get their cameras.  The cameras have a rear and forward camera, all kinds of fun filters, and some games.
 The night before Lizzie's birthday I went to town decorating.  My mom always made my birthday special and I know what it meant to me so I try really hard to make birthdays special in our house.
 We bought this awesome trike for Lizzie so she can "ride" bikes with her siblings.  Sean did an awesome job putting it all together.  The bag on top has a baby doll for her.
 When she came down on her birthday she was more excited about the balloons than anything!!
 She finally got around to presents and was very pleased with them!
 Brett and Alana wanted her to wear her troll hair.
 Sean took Lizzie's birthday and the day after off so that we could celebrate.  We have been wanting to meet with a financial advisor who works with doctors to ask some questions about how to allocate our money (pay off student loans, save for a down payment, catch up on retirement) when Sean gets a big raise going from a resident to an attending.  My mom came out and watched the girls while Brett was in school so Sean and I could go to that meeting.  It was really helpful and I liked the moderate manner in which he suggested we handle our finances.  For example one of my biggest questions was when would it be wise to buy a house and he said that its not a bad idea right away.  It may take a few more years to pay off student loans, but you can't really put a price on happiness  Lizzie was so excited to see Grandma!
 When Brett got out of school we all went to pick him up then we drove out to the aquarium.  The penguins were being fed and the leopard was moving around.  It was a great time to go!
 Then we went over to Noodles and Company to have some yummy dinner.  Lizzie's favorite part was the drink =)
 Brett and Alana were thrilled with it all!
 We came home and had a little cake for Lizzie's birthday.  We invited the neighbors in to help us eat it!  Lizzie liked her cake, but she was a little full and tired =)
 On Friday while Brett was at school, the girls, Sean and I went to Shopko.  The kids and I all got new shoes, Sean got some new clothes, we got easter candy, and other fun stuff.
 On Friday night we headed over to my parents house to help paint the family room.  We got the kids to bed then helped clean off the top of the cupboards in the kitchen, helped cut the chair rail, and helped paint the family room.

 On Saturday morning my parents took us to kneaders for breakfast and I just loved this sign!!
 We came home from the restaurant and I worked on Lizzie's cake while the kids and Sean cleaned the bathrooms.
 Lizzie's party started at 4 and we had lots of fun with cousins Kaden and Lexi!


 Lizzie was very excited about all her gifts!  She got new books, new clothes, and savings account and piggy bank, little troll stuffies, a ball popper, and her very own violet.

 Everyone enjoyed the cake, especially Lizzie who loved the bee on the top which was a giant cake ball!

 We also had our windshield replaced on Saturday.

 Heres a fun picture of Brett after he had lost one of his teeth.
 A beautiful poem written by Mom P. for our Lizzie Jean.
 On Sunday Sean convinced Brett to let him take out his second tooth which was hanging by a thread!  His gum bled a little this time and that scared him a little!
 On Monday Lizzie had her yearly check-up!  She is doing great!  She weighs 21 lbs and is 29 inches.  She hated being touched by the MA and doctor and screamed just as loud getting her ears looked in as she did getting her 4 shots.  She is a super star at going up and down stairs now and I think she may be getting another tooth.  She hasn't felt great the last few days but that could be because she had her shots.  Poor Lizzie!
We made some new batches of play dough this week and it was fun.  This was Brett's creation.  Its an island with Maui and Moana in the front (being held up by the knife) then the heart of Te Fiti is in the middle and around the back is a boat.
 Today I got to accompany Brett on a field-trip to the Children's Theater to see Aesops Fables.  It was so much fun! We got to ride on the bus and spend the whole morning together.  Brett has been struggling lately and I think he really enjoyed getting to spend this extra time with me sharing one of his favorite things: school.  My wonderful mom came and watched the girls for me and it was so nice not to worry at all about them the entire 3 hours!
 Tonight after Lizzie had gone to bed and while Brett was in the tub, Alana had her first experience with headphones.  She was mesmerized!  Sean has the day off tomorrow for good Friday so we are excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment