For the first two weeks in April Sean was working on a rotation with regular hours, I can't even remember what it was, sorry! He ended up having Good Friday off and we had a lovely day. Brett still had school so after doing some reading in the corner with daddy, going to Brett's tumbling, and picking Brett up from school we went house hunting. 
We aren't planning to move for at LEAST a year (our lease isn't even up till next May and Sean doesn't finish his current job till next July). He has started to look at different clinics around that will be needing a physician in the next year or so since he will start applying in the next few months and interviewing this fall. Some of those clinics were out in Saratoga and Eagle Mountain. I used to work out there, but we still wanted to check out the area and see what the clinics look like. Its nice to better understand what we are even discussing! We went and looked at some more model homes and I LOVED this kitchen!
And that staircase! SOOO pretty!
That night we went and had pizza at Neil and Rebecca's house and played there for a little bit. The next morning I went and picked up my cousin to babysit for us. I drove out to West Valley and got her and then Sean and I went to the Salt Lake Temple. It was a beautiful morning and I know both Sean and I felt uplifted from the time in the Temple!
After I got home from taking Lexi home, we needed to dye our Easter eggs since the next day was going to be Easter! The kit we bought this year had us put the eggs in a plastic bag and drop a few drops of the paint on them, then we would just move around the egg in the color. The eggs turned out beautiful and it was a lot easier for the kids to feel like they were actually doing something!
Lizzie Bee mostly watched. Poor girl had her shots on the Monday before and she was still feeling them pretty hard. Sean reminded me that at 1 year old they receive live cultures of chicken pox, and measles, mumps, and rubella. Poor girl really felt rotten! She even got a little rash all over her chest =( She continued to feel rotten on Easter Sunday the Monday after and finally by Tuesday she was feeling a little better!
When Lizzie woke up from her nap she was pretty excited to play with this package of peeps!
Sean started hospital service on Sunday morning, but luckily there weren't too many people on the service. He was able to go round and be back in time for some family pictures, choir practice, and church.
It's hard to set the right lighting and such when you aren't behind the camera! Oh well, I need lots more practice! Considering how rotten Lizzie felt I'm just glad she wasn't screaming in all of them!
After church my parents came out for dinner. I bought a ham from Walmart that tasted so yummy! I was really impressed. It was the Sam's Choice brand so I'll have to keep that in mind for next time! Grandpa and Alana made rolls, Grandma and Sean made potatoes and deviled eggs, and I helped with it all. Brett was outside for awhile and Lizzie was napping.
On Monday morning Sean didn't need to be into work until noon since he was doing a 24 hour shift. So we all went to the grocery store together. Brett brought some money from his piggy bank and he bought a big clearance Easter Bunny. When Alana was eyeing them I told her she hadn't brought her money. I was about to explain to her that she could get one but she needed to give me some money from her bank when we got home. Brett jumped in before I could finish and offered to buy her one too! What a sweet, kind, older brother! I love moments like that that remind me how wonderful and sweet my little man is! Lizzie was excited about this balloon which one of the nice checkers gave her!
She just loves to sleep!
On Tuesday I offered to watch my friends 3 kids while she worked on packing her house. 6 kids is intense!
Brett is such a great helper in the kitchen these days!
One night Sean had scheduled to go to a financial and resume workshop at the University of Utah, so after Brett's school we headed out to the Aquarium. We had a lot of fun, then we got a soft pretzel for dinner (I had apples in my bag too, haha) and headed home.
Alana was really pleased one afternoon because she tucked her shirt in just like Daddy does!
This girl can fold herself into the most crazy positions!
Last Saturday we went to my parents house to help do some painting. They are redoing their entire kitchen and family room!
I loved seeing the kids play in this little kitchen that I used to play with as a girl at my own grandmas house!
On Sunday, Sean had 7 patients and didn't make it to church till the last 5 minutes. It was rough, but I bribed the kids with candy and Alana did a great job with her first talk!
Sean didn't have work until noon again on Monday so we went to Best Buy to see if they had any NES minis, which they didn't, so we hung out at Barnes and Noble till Costco opened!
I've been having a hard time feeling motivated lately in the afternoons and Alana likes to be my snuggle bunny!
The baby dolls are very popular right now. Alana carries hers everywhere and sleeps with hers. Lizzie loves to play with them and put things in the little cupboard under the sink in this crib.
We got to babysit Kaden and Lexi one night while Neil and Rebecca went to the Roof for their anniversary. The kids had a very silly time playing dress up and trying to see who could be the silliest!
Lizzie helped me make cookies.
The next day a package arrived from Papa and Mimi with a painting set for Brett and a Trolls book and drawing thing for Alana. The kids were so excited!
We bought scrabble cheezits at Costco
We are still making very good use of the bubble machine we got for Lizzie's birthday.
This week is teacher appreciation week, so last Friday the morning room mom and I got together to decorate Mrs. Cox's door. She has been such an incredible teacher for Brett this year!
This last Saturday the kids woke up asking to change their room. Alana had seen something hanging down from the bottom bunk and it made her nervous so we decided to try out single beds for awhile. The kids are in heaven, they love their new set up and so do I!
Lizzie has been practicing standing a lot more, but hasn't taken a deliberate step yet!
Sean and I were invited to a Harry Potter Murder Mystery. We went as Ron and Hermione. There were lots of characters and during each course of the meal we were given a script that told us how we were supposed to act and what things we were supposed to say. Someone murdered Neville Longbottom and we needed to figure out who did it!
We were in charge of bringing butterbeer and chocolate frogs for the Honey Dukes table.
The lady who played Belatrix had her niece do this to her arm!
Doby was in charge of the kitchen!
from left to right in this picture there is Gildaroy Lockheart (played by a girl), Mundungus, Malfoy, Jinny, Riti Skeeter, and random gryfindor)
Lizzie should have dressed up since she insisted on hanging with us instead of going to the Nursery that was provided.
On Sunday we went to my parents house for dinner and they surprised the kids with new perler beed kits. The kids worked on them on Monday =) Alana made a Monkey and Brett made a monkey and an octopus.
Yesterday I got to go spend a few minutes in Brett's class while his teacher got a break. It was so fun to watch all those sweet kids make cards for Mrs. Cox. They sure love her a lot! Today Brett took her a treat, tomorrow will be a flower, and Friday they are supposed to wear the teachers favorite color. I also am trying to pool money from the parents for a gift card!




































































No comments:
Post a Comment