Monday, June 19, 2017

Aquarium and Kaden's Birthday Party


 I found this picture of Lizzie on my camera from a few weeks ago, I love that groggy, after nap, messy hair, snuggly time of day!
 Aunt Lucille was so generous to buy the kids darling outfits on our trip to Janie and Jack. I wanted her to see the kids in the outfits so I took some nice photos on Friday June 2 and printed them out for her. The kids were great for our mini photoshoot.








Right after our photoshoot we met up with Rebecca, Kaden, and Lexi at the Aquarium. The kids had a great time looking at all the animals, climbing on the statues, playing on the playgroup, eating lunch, and doing the rope bridge. 


 Rebecca had dumdums in her purse and we had fun dying our tongues!
 Love these little cousins!

 The next day was Saturday and my cousin Kassi's wedding. It was an adult only wedding and reception so we asked Rebecca to watch the kids for us. We drove 45 minutes down to drop the kids off then an hour back up to Solitude. The wedding was nice, although very different from what I am used to. My favorite part was seeing their cute little son in his darling wedding attire =) We stayed for the ceremony and appetizers after, but then we left to get back to our kids. We got a lot of time to visit with my Mom and Dad and Aunt Lucille. She was so mad at us for taking this picture! After that we drove back to get our kids then back home, we spent nearly 4 hours in the car that day!

 The next Monday Brett informed me that it was a special day because it was Pecky's (Brett's stuffed animal penguin) birthday. We sang happy birthday and Brett made a special crown for him. I needed to do some grocery shopping so the kids picked out some cupcakes for the FHE dessert and for Pecky's birthday party. I taught a lesson on Charity and how it is so important to always act with the pure love of Christ. We talked about how Charity is serving others, helping others, and being kind. Our good friends Zack and Zander joined us for FHE (they come over to play almost every day and Brett and Alana love them!). Zander told me that their family NEVER celebrates stuffed animals birthdays, lol.
 Part of our summer schedule includes doing jobs. One morning the girls helped me vacuum the inside of the couches.
 We went to the University Mall one day to meet some friends and play at the splash pad. We were all very disappointed when the entire outdoor section was closed. Brett especially had a hard time and I was worried we were just going to need to leave, which would have been sad because I wanted to visit with my friend Whitney. We got an early lunch and the food seemed to cheer up Brett and we were able to play and have fun.

 For summer school we set up a little chalkboard and chairs and read books, sing songs, and get assignments. This part only lasts for 15 minutes or so, but the kids LOVE it!
 I spent a lot of time making zillions of lists of things to take to our Heber Reunion and food I needed to buy for the reunion.
 The Friday before the reunion Kaden had a Birthday party. Sean was working, but the kids and I drove down for the Ready Race Lego party. Rebecca's brother owns a company that brings tons of Legos that kids can build cars with, then there is a big ramp where the kids can race the cars they made. It was a huge success! I loved how it encouraged the kids to be so creative!



 After the races, the kids went outside for games.
 Lizzie and Alana just wanted to swing, but I didn't want to let them because I didn't want the other kids to leave the games and come over.
 We went in to open presents.
 Kaden blew out his candle, then we all had popsicles and oreos.
 Sean met us at home after the party with some Noodles and Company. After dinner Alana let me know that it was Rexton's (her stuffed lion) birthday. We couldn't not celebrate since we put on such a show for Pecky's birthday. So we sang Happy Birthday and they had some cookie dough brownies. I don't think Brett even joined us because he was outside with friends.
 Natalie and Eric came into town that Friday night so we needed to get all of Sean's work things out of the car. Brett found Sean's white coat lying around and grabbed it =) Here is the future Dr. Brett Peterson (although he has been leaning more toward being an animal scientist lately)

 On Saturday, all 5 of us went to Costco and filled up 2 carts with bagels, muffins, bread, carrots, grapes (cotton candy ones!!), water, paper plates, and a bazillion other things. Later in the afternoon I went to Walmart where I bough more food! The cashier asked me if this was a normal shopping week for me, I thankfully said no! I think my kids wish I would buy that many chips each week though! My parents stopped by in the afternoon for a few minutes to visit. My Dad and Sean gave me a blessing while he was here because I have been having such a hard time with stress and anxiety over being a mother and all the other things going on. I was promised that as I take time every day to focus on the Savior and how He is actively lifting my burdens daily, I will be filled with a peace unlike anything i've ever felt before. In the last week I have been trying to focus on that and I really have felt much more calm and peaceful.






































No comments:

Post a Comment