Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Family Reunion:Sunday, Monday and Tuesday

On Sunday morning we had fun spending time with Papa and Mimi then we went to church. Lizzie is getting more and more wiggly and difficult at church. I remember all the kids starting to really struggle around 14 months. After church I had a RS meeting so Sean and his parents took the kids home. I got home and we started making dinner. We invited up Brandon, Michal, Brielle, Lily, Carter, Neil, Rebecca, Kaden, and Lexi. I made honey lime enchiladas which I actually enjoyed (I'm not always the biggest fan of enchiladas). We had a nice time playing and visiting. Brandon and Neil's families left for Vineyard and Papa and Mimi stayed with us. We had lots of packing to do that night =)








 We got Lizzie's measuring stick all ready and put her first measurement on it!
On Monday morning, Sean and I took Brett to his appointment at the Children's center while Papa and Mimi stayed at our house and watched our girls for us. The appointment went really well, and really long! 2 hours is just a long time, this time all 3 of us sat and talked with the therapist! She told us that Brett most definitely has anxiety but that there are a lot of strategies we can teach him to help him learn how to deal with it. He has two more appointments in July where he will just spend time with the therapist. After Brett's appointment we went to McDonalds because Rebecca had told me they had beanie babies in the kids meals. Brett got a penguin and we got a lion for Lana. Lizzie doesn't really care yet =) Then we stopped at Banburry Cross donuts to get dessert for that night.

When we got back home, we did a little bit more packing, then got the car loaded up and headed up to Heber. I was so grateful for Mom and Dad P helping to transport all the food! Without them we would have had to put the muffins on the roof! We stopped at the Walmart in Heber to get the cold items and produce then found our way to our rental house. We stayed in a 6 bedroom house with tons of cool amenities. We got all the cars unloaded then I started making dinner. I made rigatoni that first night with spinach and strawberry salad and mixed veggies. It was all delicious and so fun to sit and visit with everyone! We brought our kid table and Rebecca brought hers so the kids could all sit together (which they loved) and then we all fit at the big table. It was really relaxing to sit and eat because as soon as the kids were finished they ran off to play and we could take as long as we wanted to eat. Rebecca had a fun FHE game where we pinned family pictures on this big map and talked about how we are an Eternal family. Then we ate donuts =) The room our family slept in had a fold out sofa bed, bunkbeds, and a walk in closet that fit Lizzie's pack n play perfectly. The whole bedtime process was going pretty smooth until Brett noticed a giant flying bug in our room. Turns out it was a butterfly! We found a net in the garage and Sean (who apparently spent many Saturday's of his youth catching butterflies) caught it and put it outside. We told the kids it was good luck, but it still took them a while to calm down after such an exciting and horrifying experience. After all the kids were sleeping, the adults played Just Dance on the x-box, then we played several rounds of code names.

 The air hockey table was the biggest hit!



 On Monday night the girls took a bath in the master bath, it was huge!
On Tuesday we had originally planned to go to the Olympic park, but it was pretty cold and we weren't sure how much of the experience would be outside, so we opted to go bowling instead. We went to this local bowling alley that was so quant and cute! I loved how there was a cafe there that seemed to be the town hotspot for lunch. The kids all played on 2 lanes and the adults who were bowling played on one lane. It was a lot of fun! Brett and Alana both loved it, Lizzie thought the balls were so fun, but was a little bugged that I wouldn't let her explore wherever she wanted. After the bowling alley we headed back to the house for lunch then a little rest before we headed off to the Tanger Outlets. There was a fun playground there for the kids and fun coin operated rides. Sean and Neil went on a shopping spree at Banana Republic first, then Rebecca and I went to DownEast. As we were transitioning from Rebecca and I with the kids to Sean and Neil with the kids, Sean was on his own for a bit. He walked off with Kaden, Alexis, Brielle, Lily, Brett, Alana, and Lizzie all on his own to a toy store! I think he had fun but felt a bit overwhelmed too! He ended up buying all the kids some fun stuffed animals. Eric, Natzz and Estelle were there too and Mom and Dad were making good use of the Nike outlet and the game store. Brandon and Michal had driven back to Provo to see if they had left Brandon's wallet at Neil and Rebecca's house. When they didn't find it, Rebecca searched their room and found it behind Carter's suitcase. Brandon and Michal decided to just go back to the house since it was their turn for dinner. They needed rice and I had bought some for their meal, but they couldn't find it. They were very gracious and ran to the Smiths to get more, but I felt so bad that they spent such a huge part of their day searching for things. When we were packing up to leave, I found the rice in the freezer with the otter pops! Michal made Chicken Diablo for dinner and it was spectacular! That night after we got the kids to bed, Sean and I went to the airport to pick up Brian and Jill. 













 The kids all finished their bowling games before us, so we gave them technology =)



 Lily said it was too bright!

 All the food
 We bought 40 apples! Which turned out to be too many, but none of us who weren't flying were sad to take them home.
 Water station. We spent $600 on food for all 21 of us for the whole week. $100 per family seems really reasonable to me =) I think if we would have bought soda or other beverages (other than the capri suns, water bottles, and apple juice), we would have spent a lot more! Dad had a lot of fun drawing pictures and names on everyones cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment