Thursday, June 22, 2017

Family Reunion: Wednesday and Thursday

It was our turn to make breakfast on Wednesday morning, so imagine my surprise when I came up the stairs to find the biscuits already in the oven and lots of hands to help. It seemed that was the way cooking seemed to go, lots of help no matter whose turn it was. I think the only thing I did for this meal was make the gravy. Eric and Alana were in charge of the scrambled eggs!

 Neil and Eric used their doctorate degrees to get the biscuits off the pan =)
 The house had a bike and bike trailer in the garage and Alana has been asking me about them so we decided to take it for a spin. Sean was awesome at finding the pump and getting it all set and then braving the huge hills. He said it was easy, which I can guarantee if I was on that bike I would not have said it was easy. Alana didn't like it because she was too afraid Sean was going to crash. Lizzie liked it a lot and Brett never got a chance to try it because he wanted to stay home and play with cousins.
 Here's the front view of the house with its really steep driveway.
 After our bike ride, we all packed up a lunch and drove down to Provo. There was a park right next to the rec center, so we picniced there and then headed in to the pool. When Rebecca was researching all the different water activities we could do we thought of one of the reservoir or even seven peaks, but the rec center won out because of its cheap price, super fun pools, and warm water (warm water was the most important part for me).
 We played in the indoor pool, then the outdoor pool, then the indoor pool again. We were all exhausted when we left, but we had so much fun!







 Jill had a super cute maternity swimsuit!

 Papa and Mimi were the official bag watchers. They lounged in the shade and kept everyones electronics dry.
 This was Estelle's first time swimming and she squealed with joy!
 We left the pool about 3 PM, Lizzie usually naps starting at around 12:30. She fell asleep TWO MINUTES after I buckled her in and luckily transfered to her bed after the 40 min drive back. Alana also lost the battle with sleep while eating a chocolate chip cookie =)
 The girls had fun doing perler beads that afternoon while the boys played air hockey and nintendo. Then we had some delicious Fiesta Chicken Salads by Neil and Rebecca.

 Neil and Rebecca organized a super fun game night for the families. They used Disney themes for all the games. We did a relay race with teacups, squirted water guns at ping pong balls for toy story, made paper airplanes for soaring over California, dropped water balloons for splash mountain, unearthed Han Solo from tissue boxes for Star Wars, shook ping pong balls out of tissue boxes tied around our waists for ants in the pants from Bugs Life, played the tights over your head to knock over water bottles (I'm not sure what that ride was).  It was a lot of fun!!!





 I think this one was a honey pot game where you had to wiggle the cookie into your mouth from on your eye with no hands.

 Rebecca made little prizes for everyone!




 Here's the whole family (excluding me because I took the picture).
On Thursday morning we went to the Olympic Park. It was a lot of fun to walk all through the museums and see the ski jumpers practicing their skills. The activities were a little pricey since our kids are still so little and can't really do a lot, but Sean and I would love to go back on a date or in a few years with older kids and a bigger salary!








 We stopped at the cafeteria there but they mostly had hamburgers and since we were having those for dinner, Sean and I opted to get a peach smoothie and eat leftovers at home. Alana got a giant pretzel and Popsicle and Brett got a grilled cheese and popsicle.

 Lizzie loved the peach drink!
 When we got back to the house, Lizzie and I took a nap.  The back porch had this spectacular swing with the most amazing view!
 Delicious hamburgers!!!



 Eric did a great job at the grill!











 That evening was perhaps one of my favorite moments of the entire reunion when we got to play Ticket to Ride with Brett, Alana, Brandon, Brian, and Jill.



No comments:

Post a Comment