Thursday, August 17, 2017

August and Lagoon

Sean has been a super busy beaver! He is required to do a research project as part of his residency. I'm pretty sure i've mentioned it before on here, but i'll explain briefly again. Naloxone is a kind of antidote for prescription narcotics as well as heroine. Sean's research involved looking at every patient in the clinic that has an RX for an opiate. He then did some education for the providers about naloxone and then took data on how that education helped raise the number of naloxone prescriptions from their clinic. This medication can literally save lives so it is very handy to have around when these kind of drugs are in the home, especially if children are around. Here is his poster that he had printed for a conference he will be attending at the beginning of September. I'm really proud of all his hard work and how important this topic is. 

 Lizzie with piggy tails on her bike, she's in heaven!
 After Sean finished with service at the end of July, he took Wednesday off. We went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was a lot of fun, and I was especailly happy Sean was there because I was feeling rather crummy and needed to sit every chance I got. I couldn't figure out what was going on, but my back had been hurting on and off for about a week and it was really hurting that day.
 On the way home from the Dinosaur Museum, I started feeling worse and getting cold chills. I took a nap in the afternoon and then we all went up to Aunt Lucille's after Lizzie woke up from her nap. Aunt Lucille was having a hard time with her excel on her mac and needed some help so Sean sweetly sat down and helped her out. She reminded us that she is 88, which is hard to believe because she acts so spry! The kids had a fun time exploring her apartment and I was grateful no one broke anything!
 This little carousel plays music and does lights and the kids LOVE to watch it go around and around!

 This big circle chair thing is what Aunt Lucille bought to replace the blue couch she gave to us. She calls it her pouf. The kids loved snuggling in it!


 Lizzie really liked this marble game. The marbles have little jingles in them and she loved shaking them. After we helped with the computer, Aunt Lucille took us to the Olive Garden. I was still feeling rather yucky but we all still had a good time and really enjoyed all getting our own dessert! When we got home Sean put the kids to bed and I curled up on the couch with a fever and some motrin. I was so grateful for the tender mercy of having him home that day since i just felt crummy!
 Sean started work at an urgent care in Park City on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. He really enjoyed his time there and loved all the unique things he learned like removing fish hooks from skin and treating people for biking accidents. I was pretty bummed that Sean had to work on Saturday and the kids and I are drawing to the end of our summer fun ideas (in other words, we've been to all the parks and museums and such and are sick of them all!) I was determined to make it fun though, so we made a fun house out of the dining room table after breakfast and the kids had fun playing with that. Lizzie especially loved going in and out!
 We had some snacks in the car and headed out to the new bluffdale splash pad around noon. We got half way there when Brett looked down and realized he had gotten one croc and one tennis shoe. He was really unhappy about it and very grateful when we turned back home to get two of the same shoe. He wanted his tennis shoes but I threw his sandals in the bag just in case and was really glad I did when the ground was really hot at the splash pad. We had a ton of fun out there on the splash pad and then on the playground.



 On Sunday, Brett payed his tithing for the first time and it was really awesome. It has been fun to teach the kids more about money and tithing this summer.
 I know this is a terrible picture but I couldn't get my phone camera to focus! Last Monday I was peeling a carrot for lunch when I peeled my finger instead. It hurt and was bleeding a lot, so I texted Sean, but when he called me back in 5 minutes it had already stopped bleeding as much and I knew I didn't need to go in. It helped calm me down to talk to him though and he suggested the nice fingertip bandaids in the closet upstairs.
 On Tuesday we went to Cookie Cutters to get Alana's hair cut! It turned out really cute, but it was hard to watch them cut off so much pretty hair!
 My mom came with us and all the kids had fun with the slide and balloons.

Lizzie was not a fan of these darling shoes!

On Wednesday we went to play with Kaden and Lexi! Lizzie wanted to be in on all the games!
The kids loved playing with Lexi's little soda shoppe! They all had a great time making little drinks.

On Thursday I went to get my hair cut and my mom watched the kids for me. Sean had the day off from urgent care so he went to take care of some things at St. Marks in the morning and then we all went to the Provo MTC open house in the afternoon. My favorite thing was finally figuring out why Alana kept thinking we were going to the Aquarium. She thought we were saying MTSea, lol! It reminds me of going to see an exhibit at the MOA at BYU when I was little about the Dead Sea Scrolls. I thought we were going to see Dead Sea Squirrels. When Sean asked why I was excited to see dead squirrels I told him I thought they were alive just from the Dead Sea. It was really neat to see all the buildings that Sean had been in at the MTC and to see the new beautiful classroom buildings. We all LOVED the art all the way through!
 Alana and Brett really liked this water feature!
 We all LOVED this huge painting of Nephi. It took up a whole wall and is backlit!


After we went to the MTC, we stopped for dinner at the Pizza Pie Cafe where they had S'mores Dessert pizza! Sean and I maybe overindulged a bit =) We then drove up to the Joseph Smith Memorial building for my friends wedding reception. The kids were kinda falling apart and ready to just go home! We were on our way out when they saw the desserts and wanted one. We were all full of dinner, so the kids didn't really eat any of the desserts they chose. We had fun making toasts and dancing though.





Last Friday was Sean's Lagoon Day at work. St. Marks payed for his ticket and mine and then we bought Brett and Alana full tickets and we got Lizzie $15 worth of ride passes. We went to the Mother Goose land first and had a lot of fun taking turns picking rides and taking turns riding with Lizzie. 


 Lizzie thought the entire thing was so fascinating!
 Alana and Sean went on the little dragon roller coaster and Brett and Lizzie went on these rocket ships. These rockets were Brett's favorite and he rode them 3 times!
 Here's the best picture I could get of Sean and Alana on the dragon coaster. Alana loved it! Alana was the most ambitious wanting to go on lots of different rides. She loved the tidal wave although she said it made her tummy hurt =)

 I think Lizzie's favorite was the carousel because she loved the horse, but honestly she loved everything we put her on!

 We all loved the Ferris Wheel.
 After Mother Goose land we went over to ride the sky tram and a nice couple gave Alana a crocodile that they had won and didn't want. She calls it a crocogator, which I hope she never changes! Brett was a great sport about her getting a stuffed animal but then he wanted to go play some games and win one for himself. I explained to him how some of the games are easier to win and others and made specifically so that you can't really win. He let Sean and I help him pick the duck game and the balloon pop game (where there is a guaranteed winner). Brett and Alana both worked extra hard and did extra jobs all week so they could bring some of their own money to play the games. Brett won a shark, a duck, and a lizard. Alana won a duck and a cat, and then got her crocogator. Brett was pretty upset with not getting the bigger prize at the balloon pop game, but when I talked more with him after, he said it was because he didn't win the game the best. Its tricky because the rules aren't that clear on any of those games! Oh well, lots of fun was had. We bought the kids enormous $6 icees and then went to Lagoon A Beach and rented some tubes to ride on the lazy river. It was a ton of work to haul all our swim stuff in and change in those tiny stalls, but so worth it! We had a lot of fun! Lizzie was starting to get really really tired when we went on the lazy river so she was mad to sit on our laps at first. I think she wanted to be in the water, after a bit she decided it was ok though. I could have done that all day long! After we got changed back, we headed over to the Bridger pavilion where St. Marks had a dinner for us. Brett and Alana were hungry and needy and cute. Lizzie was a bit of a disaster! She was just so tired! She mostly made a huge mess with the food and cried if we looked at her wrong. But she was still adorable! We also had fun visiting with the Johnsons from Sean's work. Alana fell down after her dinner and scraped her knee really bad, poor thing! She refuses bandaids I think because Sean told her her body with make a bandaid, I think she missed the part about how the bandaid can help your body though.
 After dinner Sean and the kids rode the sky tram again, then Brett and Lizzie went to the helicopters with Sean while I took Alana on the carousel. Then all the kids rode the rockets again and we headed to the front of the park.
 Brett got a refill on his ginormous icee, Alana didn't want one. Sean got a chocolate milkshake, then we headed home.
 The kids did sit in the stroller throughout the day, but mostly it just carried all our crap =)
The weekend was pretty normal, our zucchini is taking over everything!
 Sean worked in the Park City urgent care on Monday and Tuesday and then he started service again yesterday. It's already been a pretty crappy week on the hospital service. He started the day with 17 patients today (Thats a lot!)

This is our last week of summer before Brett starts school so we wanted to get together with Kaden and Lexi one more time. They thought we were meeting at the museum of curiosity and we thought we were meeting at the splash pad, haha. After realizing what we had done, we decided to head over to them since they didn't have swim suits. We had a great time playing! On Tuesday I babysat my friends 1 year old and was kept very busy all morning breaking up baby fights!
On Wednesday we went to the museum of Curiosity again with our friends the Ehle's which was a ton of fun. 
 Lizzie helped us prepare some cupcakes for our picnic on Wednesday. This was the first time I let her lick the bowl and she was a really big fan!





No comments:

Post a Comment