Last Friday I took the kids to Wheeler Farm to play on the awesome playground there, I thought to grab my camera last minute so I could take some birthday pics of Mr. Brett.
Brett is such a fun boy! We love having him around so much! He has worked hard this summer to figure out how to handle some of his emotions. He really likes schedules and likes to know what to expect, he gets frustrated and anxious when he feels like he has no control over his situation (its not surprising to me since Sean and I both struggle with the same thing!). We have worked hard to talk through feelings and work on being more flexible in situations where we can't control the outcome. Brett started school yesterday and has been so so excited to start! His new teacher is Mrs. Paoulle and there are 32 kids in his class! I asked his teacher and she said there is no cap which makes me pretty nervous! He is thriving with his piano lessons. He loves to play piano whenever he passes the piano. He loves playing with cars, train tracks, legos, star wars things, stuffed animals, and sword/lightsabers. He mostly LOVES to be with friends! HIs favorite foods are white chocolate and croutons with ranch dressing and anything covered in garlic butter. He likes most colors and his favorite toys are his stuffed animals. He loves to do art work and crafts and loves to learn. We have been reading a chapter book each night before bed as well as the Book of Mormon and now the Joseph Smith History. He loves to ask questions and is very bright! He is kind and sweet and he gives wonderful hugs!
Here is his birthday movie:





I have a feeling David will be similar to Brett in that he likes things a certain way, and when things don't follow what he imagines in his head, he freaks out a little. Routines and the same procedures are a must for him. So any parenting helps that you found with Brett can be sent this way. :) Oh, and happy birthday Brett!
ReplyDelete