Thursday, August 24, 2017

Liquid Nitrogen and a Kirby Party

Last week Sean worked so so so much! Since it was the last week of summer for Brett and I wanted to make it fun, we were super busy too and I let friends stay over for a long time everyday! By Friday I was a bit of a mess especially with planning Bretts birthday party for Saturday! When Sean got home at 7 we decided to go try out an ice cream place called sub zero. They mix up your ice cream as a liquid and then use liquid nitrogen to freeze it. It was so much fun. Sean got a cinnamon roll combination, I got a peanut butter combination, Alana got chocolate ice cream with marshmallows, and Brett got banana ice cream with cookie dough. 

 Sean had to work on Saturday morning but he got back in time to decorate Kirby's face. The kids and I decorated the house and got the cake all sculpted and frosted.

 When the kids first arrived, we colored on t-shirts with fabric markers. I was super impressed with how artistic they all were and how awesome they all did! After the t-shirts we went outside to do the pinata, then we played a water balloon game where you threw a water balloon at the end leader pictures.












 The water balloon toss turned into crazy fun water free play! We had such a fun time. The big pool was for splashing and jumping and the pink little pool was a no splash zone.
 After the water play, we had some cake and cheetos and lemonade and then opened presents. It was a lot of fun. Brett was so polite and grateful for all the gifts his friends gave him.

 After all the friends went home, we let Brett, Kaden, Lexi, and Alana play kirby on Nintendo while we got dinner ready. My parents and the Saffrons came for dinner and Neil and Rebecca and their family stayed. We made hamburgers and hot dogs, watermelon, spinach salad, chips and queso.



 On Sunday Brett enjoyed lots of his toys and he and Sean put together this lego set from Kaden and Lexi.
 On Monday we all got up and got ready for the day. Brett was so excited for both first grade and the solar eclipse.

 Lizzie is good and standing to get her picture taken, the zucchini is bigger than she is!
 Alana also wanted a first day of school picture.
 Brett waiting in line to go into school
 I have been feeling pretty sick so when we got home I sacked out on the couch and Sean and Alana built a solar projector. (Sean had a 24 hour shift so didn't need to get to work till noon.)
The eclipse shadows on everything were really really cool!
Our neighbors had some glasses that they let us take a look through several times! It was cool to see it in our box, in the shadows and through the glasses. My mom had a doctors appointment over at St. Marks so when they were finished they stopped by to check out the eclipse too. Brett's school got glasses for everyone and they all got to sit outside and watch the eclipse too!


Sean was able to come home and sleep for 3-4 hours during his 24 hour shift, which was nice. When Brett woke up on his birthday morning he was pretty tired and little grumpy, but he held it together and Alana and I sang to him over his cereal. He got to open 2 gifts, a fidget cube and a spiralgraph set before we whisked him off to school. On Monday he had school for 6 hours, then we went to the hospital to eat dinner with Sean, then he had a piano lesson, then they needed baths and bed so I wasn't super surprised when he was really tired and little stressed out on Tuesday morning.

When I took birthday pictures of Brett the girls got in on the action as well!

I needed to format my memory card on my camera since its been having some issues and so I was taking random pics of the kids playing to make sure the card was working correctly after the format.


Alana looking at the sun!


After school on Tuesday, Sean, Alana, Lizzie and I all went to pick up the birthday boy. We came home where he opened presents and then played for a bit before heading out to the Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. Brett was excited because they give you a "Birthday Monster" (a giant cookie covered in ice cream and whipped cream). Grandma and Grandpa spoiled him with more gifts. On the way home he talked with Papa and Mimi and got a phone call from Kaity, Sam and Jared who called to sing Happy Birthday. He got to play with friends for half hour then went to bed a very happy 6 year old!








 Brett got new star wars pajamas!
We are trying to figure out how to fit in all the fun that needs to be had while being at school all day. Its a bit of an adjustment but Brett is loving school! 
 On Wednesday we got invited to go to the zoo with some friends and had a fantastic time. Alana loved being the older kid and playing with her friend Ari!




 We went on the train once and the carousel twice.
 Brett gave Alana a Mommy/Baby turtle on his birthday since he got so many new toys.

Today Alana fell asleep on the way to get Brett after getting gas. She looks so compact and sweet. I miss having my sweet Brett home during the day, but it has been really nice to have more one on one time with my Alana girl and my Lizzie Jean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment