Monday, November 27, 2017

Alana's Birthday Party and Brett's Recital

As soon as we got home from our trip, I needed to start planning Alana's birthday party. She has been so excited about having a unicorn party for several months. We sent out the invitations and everyone was able to come except 1 friend. This is the first time we have done a friend party for Alana and it was really fun to see her feel so special and get so excited!
I found these cute unicorn mask templates online and printed them out on cardstock paper, then I cut them all out and Alana colored one to make sure it would be cute =) I practiced putting the elastic on and was really happy I had taken the extra time to go over it in advance because it took less time at the party.
 All the kids, even the boys loved the unicorn masks. I told the boys they could pretend it was a narwal if they wanted.

 I found these straws at Target a few months ago and put them on this fun cupcake stand.
 Sean put the veggies and fruits out while the kids were coloring and everyone dug in. I thought it was funny that some of the kids dipped their grapes in the ranch.
 After everyone had finished their masks we went to the front room to play pin the horn on the unicorn. I drew the unicorn and Alana colored it which was really fun. I think the kids could see through the blindfold because they all got it spot on, oh well everyone had fun anyway.


 After pin the horn on the unicorn, we made stained glass windows. I bought a wide variety (including 5 unicorns). The kids had fun painting and all did a great job sharing the colors!


 After we finished the painting, Sean ran to get pizza and the kids played freeze dance and "hot unicorn" (hot potato played with a stuffed unicorn). Alana then opened her presents and the kids all played for just a few minutes before the pizza arrived.


 Alana got so many fun gifts including these fun slippers, a unicorn ice cream maker, a frozen rubbing art kit, princess art kit, hatchimals, a little barbie and horse, and a painting of a unicorn. She was very happy!
 The kids and adults all enjoyed pizza and cupcakes!





 The party ended at noon and we had to be at Brett piano recital at 1, so we cleaned up and visited a bit more, then headed off to his recital. It was at a retirement home and the hall was packed. There were several performers and the concert lasted about an hour. Brett did SOOOO good! I was so proud of how hard he practiced and how much he has learned!

 His teacher Victoria is so great with him!
 When we got home from the recital, Alana pulled out the hatchimals and hatched one. She let Brett hatch one and also Zach and Zander. I was really impressed with her kindness and willingness to share!
 After I got all the kitchen cleaned up from the party we made some unicorn ice cream, which was pretty nasty! You can use normal ice cream in it too though =)
 All the kids loved it!
 That Sunday, Lizzie let me do her very first french braid!

No comments:

Post a Comment