Friday, December 1, 2017

Happy Birthday/Thanksgiving

The Sunday before Thanksgiving Lizzie let me do her hair in a french braid! I thought it turned out really darling! 
 Monday was a normal day at school for Brett and the girls and I did lots of laundry and ironing and cleaning. Tuesday was an early out day. Brett, Alana, and Sean had dentist appointments. Sean took the kids and then Lizzie and I joined them when they were finishing up. Brett did great getting his x-rays and Alana let the dentist check all her teeth. The dentist tells us their teeth are really close together and that Brett has a lot of crowding with his adult teeth growing in. He recommends seeing an orthodontist around age 8-9. Alana wanted to stay and watch Sean get his cleaning so I left her there with him and took Brett to school, then Lizzie came with me to visit teach. While visiting my friend Jenn, I invited her boys to come play at our house that afternoon. She was packing to go to Boise and our kids always like to play together. She dropped off Will and Jack around 11:30. We had lunch and played a bunch, then we loaded into the van to pick up Brett at 1:40. The kids all played great together and Zack and Zander joined us in the afternoon too.
 On Tuesday night the Saffrons came to watch our kiddos while Sean and I went to an interview dinner. It's always nice to eat out on the hospitals tab and meet some of the applicants for the residency. We ate at this little Italian place in sugar house that was AMAZING! On Wednesday the kids and I met Rebecca, Kaden, and Lexi at the aquarium. We had fun looking at all the animals, playing in the play area, and watching a 4-d movie on Penguins. Poor Lexi hated the water spraying in her face, I was proud of her for sticking it out! After the aquarium we went to Rebecca's house to play more. Lexi gave Alana a Unicorn ice cream maker for her birthday and Lexi really wanted to try it out, so we brought that too so we could all enjoy it! The kids had fun playing, then we came home. I made a quick breakfast for dinner and made the rolls for Thanksgiving. I didn't want to spend the entire day on Thanksgiving in the kitchen so decided to do the rolls the day before. I was concerned they wouldn't be as good, but I think they were just fine! We stopped at ShopKo to pick up an online order that was ready, then headed to Mom and Dad Z's. I wanted to spend the night so we could give Alana her doll house there. My parents helped so much with it and I wanted them to see her open it. After the kids went to bed, I wrapped presents and set up the doll house. We got a phone call letting us know that Mom P was having some horrible stomach pains again and was headed to the ER, darn it! We were really worried and disappointed that there was really no chance they would make it for dinner. 
I brought some cinnamon rolls from home for the birthday breakfast. Alana was very excited about them.

 The first thing Brett said when he woke up was "I want to watch the parade!" So he ate his cinnamon roll while watching the parade.
 After we ate, Alana opened her presents. She was trilled with all of them! Sean and I gave her the doll house and the Christmas dress. Lizzie gave her some little dolls for the doll house. Brett gave her a darling stuffed bear. My parents gave her a little doctors office, an Elsa nightgown (which she prefers to wear every second she can!), and an Elsa doll. My sister gave her two palace pets and a stuffed unicorn (pretty sure the palace pets and unicorn were her very favorite!).
 Her Elsa doll came with a necklace, earrings, and a head band =)

 After presents, the kids helped me frost the Unicorn cake.

 I count this as a pinterest fail! I thought it was really creepy looking! Alana loved it though and it was delicious!
After we decorated the cake, Sean and Brett went to the store to get some gifts for Mimi since she had indeed been admitted to the hospital. We weren't sure if we'd be able to make it that day, but wanted to get her some cheer for her room. After they got back, Brett started to feel sick to his stomach. He was doing ok, but kept running to the bathroom. The kids and Sean put together some fun turkeys from Mimi while I peeled potatoes,


Sean and I started work on the sweet potatoes, one of the best parts of the meal!
 Then my parents helped Brett and Alana make place tags and turkey center pieces.

 Alana helped put the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes.

 Out meal was so delicious! My mom got some new plates that we got to eat on too which was really nice.
 Brett was still feeling kinda crummy and pretty sad as well =(  But there were turkeys filled with M&M's at every place and that was Brett and Alana's favorite part. Alana ate some turkey which I was very proud of her for. Brett contemplated becoming a vegetarian after seeing the giant Turkey and connecting that it really is a bird.

 Lizzie woke up about halfway through the meal and enjoyed her roll.
 Alana got into her nightgown right after the meal and changed her new Elsa doll into some matching pajamas as well.  At 5, Neil, Rebecca, Kaden, and Lexi came for pie. They brought the pies that Mimi had made as well as an amazing jello salad. We all had cake and pie and Alana got to open one last gift from Papa and Mimi. It was a little polly pocket type thing of Elsa and Anna, she loves it! After cake and pie, we packed up and headed home. Grandma and Grandpa came out to our house to bring Alana's doll house, since it wouldn't fit with us. Alana's stomach was starting to get upset too =(


 Everyone seemed to feel good Friday. We went down to Provo in the morning to visit Mimi in the hospital. They had removed the NG tube, so she was doing quite a bit better. We arrived just in time to help her move to a new room on a different floor. We had a great visit with her, then had a quick lunch in the cafeteria before heading to Kaden and Lexi's to play for a bit. We came back home and were met immediately by Zack and Zander. The kids wanted to do a late night, so we agreed. We ate leftover Thanksgiving and pizza picnic style while watching Despicable Me 3. We all really enjoyed the movie! The Saffrons came over about 7:30 to play games and the kids got to stay up late playing super nintendo. The adults played Forbidden Dessert and then after kids went to bed, Sean and Steffan played Nintendo while BreAnna and I looked through house listings =)

 On Saturday morning we did lots of cleaning and de-junking. Steffan came over and helped Sean drill tons of holes in the old laptops. The kids called it killing the hard drive.
 We set up our tree in the afternoon and all the kids enjoyed it. Alana enjoyed it the very most and kept at it until it was done. She kept hanging ornaments on the same branches so it was super cute to see all the little clumps. She re-decorates daily now!

 Lizzie loved these reindeer ears, the broke the other day sadly!
 The stomach bug had been bugging us all weekend. Brett was starting to feel better but still having stomach cramps every now and then. In the middle of the night on Saturday, Alana woke up with an upset stomach. Sean snuggled her and she got back to sleep, then in Sacrament meeting it hit again! Luckily we made it to the bathroom, but it was a good Sunday for Sean to take the girls home. Later that afternoon Alana was feeling quite a bit better, but was still wiped out, she snuggled up next to me and fell asleep =)
 On Wednesday this week Sean and I wanted to go to the Temple. We've had some names that need baptism for a long time and we finally made it. I asked my friend Jenn to watch the kids but she was busy that evening, her husband volunteered though. Bless Brian for taking care of 6 kids that night! We brought pizza and cookies (and buffalo wings for Brian). After searching the house to find Sean's temple recommend, we left for the Temple. I have never been to the baptistry in Salt Lake and it was a real treat. It was so so busy that night though! I kept looking around in awe at all the youth and feeling such a hope and happiness for our future. They could have spent their Wednesday night anywhere and they chose the Temple. We made it through the baptisms by 7:30, then we needed to get changed and do confirmations. I had told Brian we would be back at 7:30 so I was starting to feel stressed. The kind people there accommodated us and we were out by 8 and back to get the kids at 8:30. Earlier that morning I told the kids they were going to Jack and Will's house that night and Alana couldn't wait, so we had Jack over for a few hours to play in the morning. We also babysat Afton so BreAnna could go to the doctor.



No comments:

Post a Comment