Friday, June 29, 2018

Last two weeks of Residency

The last two weeks of June are orientation at the Residency which ends up being pretty fun for all the residents and family. They have lots of activities and get togethers and I know they also do a LOT of orienting=) It has become a tradition that the intern class does an escape room together. Sean's group never got to do it so the residency paid for them to go one night. They had a lot of fun and beat the room with 20 minutes to spare. I think it was pretty symbolic for them to work together on a fun puzzle after working so hard together over the past 3 years. 
 I love how the kids help with cards now, they are so much more special! This one was for Brian and Jill's birthday =)
Another fun activity that they have each year is the Resident picnic. This year they hosted it at a splash pad park and they had snow cones and food truck pizza. It was a lot of fun!


Brett has been reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone each night before bed with either Sean or I. We finished it last week and he couldn't wait to start the next one. He is loving all the characters and the super fun world JK Rowling creates. It is so fun to experience it with him! 

On Sunday morning Alana decided she wanted her nails painted. I fell asleep for a little bit and when I woke up Sean had fed the kids lunch and was painting Alana's nails. What a wonderful daddy!


The kids seriously spend so much time in our basement jumping on the trampoline and playing all kinds of fun games. They often use the kitchen and blankets and dress-ups and make really intricate games of house. Its pretty much a child's dream playland down there. I've had a harder time getting up this week, but I've still been able to run each day because the kids just play or watch My Little Pony. 

 Our good friends the Saffrons had their baby about 2 weeks ago. They invited us to come meet him last Sunday which was really fun. He was so tiny and precious! BreAnna was really generous and let all the kids have a turn holding him. We also played Ticket to Ride with Brett that night which was a lot of fun!


I had my friends Melanie and Rachel and my Mom over for lunch on Monday. I woke up and ran then cleaned the bathrooms, swept, mopped, vaccuumed, and did laundry! Then I made pizza for the lunch and we all visited and had a lovely time. Rachel is having twins very soon! The kids had lots of fun playing and then when they got bored they went over to the neighbors house to play. It really is like a dream come true the way they have friends on either side! 
We also hosted a resident BBQ here on Monday night. We made shishkabob's and then had everyone bring sides and desserts. It was delicious and so much fun to have space for everyone to eat and visit and places for the kids to play. My neighbor Kari was hosting a birthday party for her 18 month old with pizza and cupcakes and water toys so it worked out perfect for my kids to be occupied over there while I hosted over here. The kids did come back over around 7 and played with the other resident kids and then we played a game of Bohnanza with Brett, while Alana fell asleep on the couch and Lizzie played under the table. 




Here is Sean's desk before he packed it up. It was sad to see boxes in the garage with his plants on top yesterday. Goodbyes are difficult.


 Here is Sean next to Jordan on their last day of clinic yesterday. Sean saw a whopping 9 patients! I'm impressed he has stayed so busy right up to the end!
 On Wednesday night we watched our neighbors kids. They are so much fun! I made breakfast for dinner and the kids mostly entertained themselves. My neighbor is watching the kids for me while we go to graduation. We are both really excited about babysitting trades!

blurry picture trying to show our new barstools

Alana helped me shuck corn and wash it off yesterday and then she got to use the spatula to help make quesadillas. She was so thrilled! This morning she helped flip some pancakes. I need to let the kids help with dinner more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment