Monday, July 23, 2018

Summer Fun

I can't believe he is old enough, but Kaden was baptized the beginning of this month. The kids enjoyed the actual baptism, although they weren't huge fans of the meeting before with talks and such. I didn't really think to bring a quiet bag and I also forgot to prep them that it would be like sacrament meeting. It was a really nice baptism though and I was particularly touched by Kaden's confirmation when Neil gave many specific blessings about how to use the gift of the Holy Ghost. After the baptism, Neil and Rebecca generously hosted us for a lunch. Everything was delicious and there was so much family there! It was nice to talk to a few of Rebecca's siblings and get to know them a bit better. 




We stayed pretty long at Kaden and Lexi's house then went over to Mom and Dad P's for Sean to get some photo files from Uncle Dale. We left the kids with Papa and Mimi for a bit while we ran to Lowes to buy a garage shelf and a ceiling fan. Then we went home for some breakfast for dinner.  After dinner Uncle Dale, Romolo, Mom, and Dad P all stopped by for a few minutes. 
Sean got a haircut and sometimes we are too lazy to go find a mirror for him to see, so we take a picture and he then decides if I missed any spots. 
 On Sunday we had Mom and Dad Z over for dinner. We made Kebobs, which turned out delicious. It was a lot of fun to visit and eat yummy food. They brought Elroy out because we were dog sitting while they went to California. He seemed to settle in quite well. Our kids were so excited to have him stay and they included him in all kinds of fun games.


 Elroy mostly wanted to be with the kids!
 He slept with Brett for 3 of the nights he was here and the girls one night on each of their beds.
Elroy may have convinced us that we would like a dog eventually =)
On Monday we had Dale and Romolo, Mom and Dad P, and Neil and Rebecca's family over for some rigatoni. It was a delicious meal and a very fun time to chat and get to know Uncle Dale and Romolo better. Uncle Dale played a game of Kingdomino with Brett, which pretty much made Brett fall in love! 

I have been having the kids help more with meals. Its interesting because its just easier to do all the chores and stuff myself, but they love it and its so good for them!

 I noticed that Lizzie is getting in her 2 year old molars which explains a lot about her sleep regression and her super grumpy mood. Poor baby! She is talking so so much lately. She said "come on Alana, let do fireworks" tonight in the car when they were pretending their hands were fireworks.
 We went to the zoo with our friends BreAnna, Aftron, and Rowen. It was a lot of fun, but very very hot and my kids were all in a crappy mood (especially Brett) We managed to have some fun with the playground and splash pad, but then I told the kids as we left that I don't feel very motivated to take them to do fun things when they are naughty. Brett was in a bucket of tears especially since I told him he hadn't earned a trip to Build a Bear (they were having a pay your age promotion on July 12). Consequently I am SOOO glad we didn't go! Our friends down the street went and waited in line for SIX hours!

 I was really proud of Alana for getting in the splash pad at the zoo. She has been getting more and more anxious lately and its good to see her try things that make her scared. Brett and Alana are taking private swim lessons once a week which is just what she in particular needs to get more comfortable in the water. Big crowds of kids really scare her and she hates getting splashed. She is so upset by any clothing being too tight and regularly breaks down in tears if she has to change her underwear. At least once a week she expresses her fear about shots and her adamance that she does not want to have a baby because it would hurt. Poor girl, Sean and I have been working with her and trying our very hardest to be patient. Now that things are calmed down and our new insurance starts in August I need to get Brett set up with a therapist, I am going to get Alana an appointment too.


 All the kids loved the carousel and train. It was Afton's first time on the carousel and I think she liked it a lot!
So Sean started at Foothill, he is now a full fledged, board certified, family doctor! He has had 2 Wednesdays off so far and we are HUGE fans of a 4 day work week! The same day we went to the zoo he put up a shelf in the garage then watched the kids in the afternoon while I napped. I woke up to this scene at the kitchen counter as they made cookies. This past Wednesday he put up a ceiling fan! The clinic has been nice so far and he gets a permanently assigned MA this Thursday. He has been seeing around 10 patients a day and will increase until he gets to about 20. He is responsible for decorating his own clinic rooms so he has purchased and put up some fun coloring stuff. He also made a poster advertising the services he does. Especially pediatric care and suboxone. He seems to like it a lot so far and has been home (without notes to write) a lot more! The commute is great too especially since the air conditioner in Captain Jack doesn't work so well anymore.

 


Elroy got to play doctor one afternoon

My parents came back and we went to get them from the airport. It was a lot of fun to see them and hear about all the fun things they did and experienced in good old Disneyland! They apparently have a kind of fast pass thing for food now too! We were sad to say goodbye to Elroy, but I think he was really happy to be home with his mom and dad! Grandma and Grandpa spoiled their grandkids of course. They brought Brett a model airplane and an airplane glider kit. (funny story: both products had something wrong. The glider kit came with the wrong instructions and the model came with two tops and no bottom! We found the correct instructions online and have an e-mail in to the model company). They also brought him a mickey bowl, keychain, star wars pajamas, and chocolate coins. They got Alana a baby simba, minnie nightgown, elsa keychain, minnie bowl and chocolate coins. They got Lizzie a minnie purse, minnie bowl, minnie nightgown, elsa keychain, and chocolate coins. They got Sean and I some awesome stitch towels and Sean a stitch metal model kit. They also got me a keychain Belle. We were super spoiled! It felt like Christmas in July! 




 Lizzie likes to wear Sean's shoes!
 Sean and my parents came up with a plan to make stuffed animals for some refugees for Christmas. The idea was that my mom would sew them up and then we would stuff them and deliver them with the kids. She is making lots of Christmas quilts this year and doesn't have time so she asked me to make them. I have made two giraffes so far. I am really proud of myself, they are turning out really cute and are really fulfilling to do!
We saw this fun picture of Sean and his best friend Peter from elementary years. It is super cute, and I love that they are still friends!
 Sean's cousin Corey called me last week to see if I could babysit her 3 month old while they went to a wedding. We were all really excited to meet and snuggle baby Edward. All the kids loved holding him and he took some good naps in my arms. It was fun to see Corey too and we ended up setting up a little potluck for this last Sunday. Corey and Tom came with their cute kids Jessie and Edward. Sean's other cousin Sarah came with her husband Mark and their 3 kids Ayla, Landon, and Becket. It was especially fun to see Ayla who we played princess with a long time ago when we visited Mer in El Paso. Neil, Rebecca, Kaden and Lexi were also able to come. It was fun to visit and get more aquatinted with family. It was nice to have a smaller group too because once all the kids went downstairs we were able to all talk together!


 On Saturday morning the kids were invited to a Birthday party at the park. It was so fun to play and enjoy the morning sun. There was a pinata, cake and ice cream, and fun presents.

 We left the party a few minutes early to take the kids down to Papa and Mimi's house. The kids were so excited to hang with grandparents while Sean and I went to see Newsies at Hale Center Theater. The play was SOOOO good! The special effects and costumes and scenery were all spot on and the vocal talent was amazing! There was one song where the music went out and the actors just kept singing in perfect melody without even blinking! There were several changes to the film version that Sean and I both really liked! We both love theater so much and each time we go I feel my Grandma smiling that we spent our "fun money" from her on something that is bringing us so much joy.

The kids had fun at Papa and Mimi's house, blowing bubbles, eating pizza, watching Donald Duck and wearing out their grandparents! Lizzie even took a good nap! Brett has been fascinated with all history lately and has recently been wanting to learn more about the history of wars and why they happened. Papa got Brett a great book about the revolutionary war and Brett is soaking it in!  
 This morning we visited my college roommate Whitney and her girls. The kids all had a great time together and I always love chatting with my wonderful friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment