Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy 5th Birthday Alana!

Five is a big number! It has made me very reminiscent of the year Alana was born. We came home from the hospital the day before Thanksgiving and our families prepared a Thanksgiving dinner in our tiny apartment in Albuquerque. I felt so blessed and so lucky to be surrounded by my family while I held my darling brand new little girl. Alana has always felt like a beautiful gift from Heavenly Father and her spirit is so tender and precious! I am so eternally grateful she is my daughter!

Alana loves purple. Her favorite food is spaghetti, toast, pizza, pancakes, and plain noodles with salt. She loves banana laffy taffy, sweedish fish, chocolate, oreos, sugar cookies, cake and frosting. She will eat an occasional apple slice and take up to two small bites out of a grape now. She will also eat one kernel of corn. She is so picky and anxious about her food, its really hard! She loves school especially her friends Blakely, Asher, and Knox. She likes to play legos with Brett, make believe games with Lizzie, anything with the neighbor girls, and stuffed animals. Her favorite thing to do is art and she is quite talented at it! She takes tumbling classes and is getting so close to perfect cartwheels. She has also started doing some simple piano lessons with Sean. She is becoming a reader and can sound out vowel-consonant-vowel words. She hates tight clothes, so she is always wearing super loose clothes (I guess she just likes being cozy). I fight her everyday on if she can go without pants and getting shoes on can be a nightmare because they are all too tight! I actually feel like her anxiety is getting pretty concerning, poor thing had to get our genetics!

We love this big girl of ours and are so so glad she is ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment