The research Sean did in his residency about prescribing narcan with opioids was published in this journal!
I've been moving furniture around and trying to figure out how I like the space best.
On Halloween, Sean's work had a party at lunch and the staff all dressed up. They even dressed up the ultrasound machine!
Here is Sean with his co-workers Trung Lee, and Angela:
Sean with his beautiful MA Nicole whom our whole family loves!
Over Fall Break we went to Petersen's family farm to pick pumpkins.
Our ward sponsored a Trunk or Treat:
Sean took a Friday off when Brett also had the day off and we went to the Big Bear park and the zoo.
It's a lot of fun to watch the neighborhood evolve behind us:
I bought super smash bros and mario kart for Brett for Christmas and couldn't wait to give them to him, so he got them early and adores them. I even play with him, although I really stink at super smash! I love Mario Kart.
We got a furnace humidifier installed. We have only had it for 4 days and already notice a huge difference in our noses and hands. Here is the before:
And here is the after:
I bought a new shelf for the girls room and am very happy with how it looks. They like having more places to put their special things.
More from Petersen Farms:
Sean made this Oreo cake with Oreo cream frosting and it was so delicious! I ate way more than I needed!
I often make pizza on Friday nights and the girls like to watch it bake. I thought it was cute when they pulled over pillows to get comfy while watching!
We attended Aunt Lucilles 90th birthday! It was wonderful to see her and to see so many Zaelit family members. The culture is very different with lots of hugs and kisses from strangers, it definitely scares the kids a lot!
Flutter and Pecksy have been enjoying coming out of their cage a lot more. After a ton of research and lots of conversation, we decided to clip their wings. We wanted them to be able to be out in the family room with us, but if they could fly too high they would get stuck or hurt. They sure didn't like getting their wings clipped, not because it hurts just because they didn't like me holding them. They can fly a little lower than waist height now and are getting more and more used to coming out and exploring. They both know what it means to go home and are very obedient.
Brett always reads for 20 minutes (usually more) before bed, but sometimes after his 20 minutes of reading he will play with legos. He fell asleep one night like this with his hand almost in the lego bin =)
Lizzie loves to try our shoes on! It is so cute! She loves to dress up. Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds and she speaks in super impressive sentences. I love to hear her sing at the top of her lungs the ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle, or whatever other tune she makes up. She tried her hand at potty training this past week and had some great successes. We are being very casual about it right now, because we are both not really ready to embrace it all the way.
Trunk or Treat:
When we were at Big Bear Park I hung upside down to show Brett and then did a little flip off. I told Sean and he wanted to try. I got this fun picture:
Lizzie loves to swing just as much as Alana! They could do it all day long!
These monkeys at the zoo were eating celery and it was just so fascinating!
Lizzie was half mesmerized half horrified of this big elephant.
Riding the train in the bright sun:
This dress is just so so cute!
Carving pumpkins:
Alana was particularly mad at me when I rearranged the furniture because she likes sitting directly in front of the TV. I told her she had to live with it and then I went and bought Lizzie a bean bag and got some more filling for Brett and Alana's .
Sean had to work the evening before Halloween so he had the morning of Halloween off to go see Brett in the parade. Parents had to stand outside and the kids paraded out there. It was so cold and Lizzie was trying to hibernate:
Lizzie loves playing, I told her right after I took this picture that we needed to go to Alana's school and she said "Not now Mommy, I playin"
Here is Alana in her class on Halloween:
Here is Alana and Lizzie in Brett's class on Halloween:
Here are the trick or treaters all ready:
Sean took the 3 kids out first and I sat on the porch handing out candy, then he called after about 20 minutes and I ran to where they were so we could switch. Alana didn't really like the activity so she went home with Sean. Talking to strangers and getting candy (most of which you don't like) doesn't sound like much fun! Brett, Lizzie, and I went to a house that was having a Harry Potter party, they invited us in and we were all very impressed!
Pecksy likes climbing up the TV cords to get up to her cage:
Here is a picture Alana made of herself in school. These three kids are so funny and come up with the best games. One of my favorites is that they made these little paper people and named them Our Dude Brinket. Now they talk about making a Dude PiePie and a few others. Every time it comes up they say "Oh ya, I forgot about our dude Brinket" with so much excitement. I think that is part of the game =)















































































No comments:
Post a Comment